P1000 LE has arrived!!!

C

caddyman

Picked her up yesterday and wow is it nice!!
Took her out for a 20 mile ride when i got home. Runs smooth as silk!
Will post some pics when i get home later.
Wil post more info on I4WD once i get more seat time.
Right now I am focusing on break in

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

We are all jealous. Make sure to post some pics and videos when you get it out. Congrats!

Reactions: sharp
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Im super envious. Post pics when you can. Im sure its smooth ride

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can't wait to see it!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pics or it didn't happen. Lol

31yearsmotox

Apr 4, 2017
Norcal
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How is your LE working out for you? I'm on the fence with what to buy and not much info on the LE.
thanks

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Are you home yet?

Mikal7513

Mikal7513

Apr 15, 2017
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ordered the 1000-5 LE, should be in my garage by this time next month. Now to find out what to mod first :)

I've found plenty of info on what tires fit what and how, but I've not found much LE specific fitment info. Does anyone know if the LE setup; fox shocks and what appear to be different (other than just red) arms allow for larger tires without further suspension mods?

I found a video,
that shows a dealership mod package for the LE that has 30-10-14 on stock wheels with now indication of lift. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
M

misterkit

Jun 30, 2016
ny
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
How are you liking it so far?

advertisement
C

caddyman

Guess this turned into a one post wonder.
Ha Ha thats funny. Im busy working and out riding in my new LE. I told you i would report back

Unit as whole

I really like it. I am still adjusting to the DCT. Everything i owned in the past was CVT. I don't know if i would call it a love/hate relationship its just different. I do find myself using manual more than anything else as more control. Some of the shifting can be annoying when in auto. Fit and finish is typical Honda. Go look at others and you'll see what i mean. I like the doors but they are somewhat flimsy when it gets rough they have a annoying rattle. Had to adjust one side of the bed latch as it was rattling too but no big deal. I took off the 2 upper door nets immediately after i got it. There is a whine from what i think is the sub tranny. Its not that bad it just depends on what speed your at and what point you step on the throttle. I understand its an all gear system but overall its fairly quiet. When i test drove one i didn't notice much of the whine due to short distance i had to drive. I did the first oil change and didn't seem to make much of a difference like others mentioned (changed sub tranny oil even not recommended in manual but is in service manual). Hey its an all gear system so there will be some noise. Seats are comfortable. Love the unique sound of the engine. Power is more than adequate. LED lights are AWESOME!! Skid plates and A-arm guards are a nice addition for sure. Painted plastic is cool course the darker color shows more scratches. The 14” wheels are nice for ground clearance.

No heat issues from seats. The warmest day i rode so far was 82 degrees. Long ride and never got above 2 tics on the temp gauge. Hope its not an issue when it gets warmer.

Fox shocks

They are awesome. Played around with different settings but i think it will take some time to break them in. I ride more on setting 1. They are getting better with every ride.

I4WD

No need to use it as of yet. I engaged it but no real true testing.

Hill start assist

Awesome. Comes in very handy when stopping on steeper inclines. You only a a couple seconds after its engaged to move forward or the brake will release and you roll back.

Accessories added

Hard top

Bed mat

Rear view mirror (mounted under hard top)

Other than that its a beast and looks sharp. Gonna enjoy it for sure!!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sounds great.

So what does it look like now?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!