P1000 LED headlight kit?

bigdeal

bigdeal

Jan 25, 2016
south ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone tried this kind of LED headlight replacement?
Upload 2017 6 5 10 18 26

Reactions: sharp and drfubar
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I have the led lights in the P1K5 and they are very nice. But more to answer your question those should work I have a set in my wife's Ford Escape. The only thing that may be an issue is the ones I have in her car have a fan on the back that sticks out. From looking at my headlights on the P1K they seem to have a seal on the back I think to keep mud and water out. As long as the fan doesn't interfere with that then they should be good to go. Just an FYI those lights are bright but don't throw the light very far and I had to put a light bar on her car that came on with the high beams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I agree. But fully understand if you are like me and the 2 different color lights drive you crazy. I guess I have a little OCD. If that was the case though you could take out the stock headlights and wire the light bar to that switch then you would have the light bar as headlights and still have the tail lights on

Reactions: Slash and sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree. But fully understand if you are like me and the 2 different color lights drive you crazy. I guess I have a little OCD. If that was the case though you could take out the stock headlights and wire the light bar to that switch then you would have the light bar as headlights and still have the tail lights on

I am to the point I went through half a dozen led bulbs on my 700 because I could never get them to match. In the end went back with factory and never turned them on because it was like a match to a forest fire

Fb02d0b255f8406e4e99059489d474d3

Reactions: joeymt33
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I am to the point I went through half a dozen led bulbs on my 700 because I could never get them to match. In the end went back with factory and never turned them on because it was like a match to a forest fire

View attachment 45736

Lol that may be a little more OCD then I have. However when I changed the lights in my house over to LED I had to get the 5.5k or 6K color "daylight"

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol that may be a little more OCD then I have. However when I changed the lights in my house over to LED I had to get the 5.5k or 6K color "daylight"

I just want things to be correct, and right.
(Anal retentive perfectionist) close isn't good enough for me.

We have all 3k recessed and a few Edison 2.7k LEDS and they are different enough it bothers me. The exterior I picked up some bulbs that were supposed to be 3k but when the interior were turned on they DIDNT match.

4k was too blue for us, I have (4) LIFX bulbs in a room and they will go to 9.5k and it's harsh. If they weren't so expensive I'd put them in all our lights.

My LED lights on my 700 were all different colors. When I bought front lights this time I bought them from same vendor at same time and same manufacturer. They are REALLY really close and are so close to the Honda LEDs that even I am happy with them.

The rear bar is bluer maybe 1k higher, but it's acceptable because it's only on in reverse and I'm not in reverse that often.

Reactions: zin01 and JTW
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Those lifx bulbs look pretty cool. I have 4 of the hue br30 they are pretty cool but yeah they are expensive

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those lifx bulbs look pretty cool. I have 4 of the hue br30 they are pretty cool but yeah they are expensive

Use them in theater so when I power on the system the lights dim, then can control the ones over the seats if we're eating dinner(kids aren't allowed)

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
i looked at these when i thought about switching my truck from HID to LED. like said before the fan on the back makes them a pain for tight installations. I would go with Pods and/or a light bar myself. you could go real creative and do something like this....
Upload 2017 6 8 14 30 22

Reactions: JTW
B

Boomboom907

Apr 27, 2016
Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Don't waste your money. A light bar costs about the same as those lights and makes 4 times the light

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
My only advise on light bars and pods are you get what you pay for. I put a cheap light bar on my wife's car to help with the brights not shining very far and the light bar put out a lot of light but didn't throw the light very far (that is the main problem with led light is it doesn't throw at all) so I sucked it up and bought a ridged light bar that was the same size but ran me $600 and that thing is bad a$$ it throws nice white bright light easily half a mile down the road. When we get her a new car I'm going to put that light bar on the P1K

Reactions: ohanacreek and lee
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My only advise on light bars and pods are you get what you pay for. I put a cheap light bar on my wife's car to help with the brights not shining very far and the light bar put out a lot of light but didn't throw the light very far (that is the main problem with led light is it doesn't throw at all) so I sucked it up and bought a ridged light bar that was the same size but ran me $600 and that thing is bad a$$ it throws nice white bright light easily half a mile down the road. When we get her a new car I'm going to put that light bar on the P1K

I agree for a car/truck you need a much better bar than the Amazon special...

But...... for most Trail use the $50 Amazon specials are fine they put out a wall of light that it's hard to "outrun" on a trail.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I agree for a car/truck you need a much better bar than the Amazon special...

But...... for most Trail use the $50 Amazon specials are fine they put out a wall of light that it's hard to "outrun" on a trail.

That's a good point I didn't think about.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!