P1000 LED Light Bar

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been puzzling over this...First, are these little rigs CAN bus? Second, has anyone tapped the high beam circuit to trigger a relay for LED off road lights? It would be nice to just hit high beams and have the LED's illuminate.

If so, where did you tap, and what wire?

Lots'a questions here...THANKS ahead.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe I have seen where someone tapped into the high beams and used a relay to work the light bar.
That'd be easy enough. And it's make the high beams on these actually useful for something besides coon hunting. Mine shines up in the trees.

Reactions: pct and JTW
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
That'd be easy enough. And it's make the high beams on these actually useful for something besides coon hunting. Mine shines up in the trees.

Mine was shining pretty high also. I adjusted them down and they work pretty good. Mine are the LED headlights if that makes any difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
I believe I have seen where someone tapped into the high beams and used a relay to work the light bar.
Ive seen it done Quite a few times exactly like that, just need to find a signal wire for your relay.

Reactions: JTW
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Don't feel bad. I noticed my Defender does the same thing. When I was out riding with my brother in the woods I didn't even put the high beams on, I didn't need to see over the roof. Way brighter up there than on the ground right in front of me.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't feel bad. I noticed my Defender does the same thing. When I was out riding with my brother in the woods I didn't even put the high beams on, I didn't need to see over the roof. Way brighter up there than on the ground right in front of me.
I would adjust mine but it'd mess up my perfect low beam aim. And I ride on street alot so I need that lol.

Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would adjust mine but it'd mess up my perfect low beam aim. And I ride on street alot so I need that lol.

My low beams are high too. Not as bad but they don't throw on the ground like I want them too. I guess I should adjust mine but it sure is a good justification to my wife to get a LED light bar. :D:cool:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!