P500 LED Light Install

K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
Hello,

I have a couple LED lights I want to install in the front and only come on when i turn on my lights. Is there a place to plug these in with out having to cut into the headlight wires and splicing?

Thanks for the replies

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
In a word, no. Unless you fab a wire harness headlight plug adapter you will not achieve your goal. I suggest getting the Honda wire harness adapter for the accessory plug under the hood and then just using a simple switch if your lights draw less than 15 amps. The accesory wires only get power when the key is on, so that helps prevent forgetting and leaving them on. Most LED's of reasonable size will be fine as far as current draw, even a 12" light bar is often under 15 amps. Just get a switch at the auto parts store or Rural king that can handle the max amperage that the lights will draw.

K

Kirkl

Jul 13, 2015
E. WA
Thanks, thats what I kinda figured. I am already using the power harness so Ill probably just use that and go with a switch.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!