LED lights automatically turning on

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My lights are coming on while it sits in the garage. And my interior LED lights on a separate switch barely come on. If I hit the switch on and off it will turn one set of lights off but they don't turn completely off. They are wired on 2 separate switches to a common positive/negative bus bar, on a separate battery. Did I really have 2switches fry at the same time while sitting in the garage??

Reactions: Isaiah
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My lights are coming on while it sits in the garage. And my interior LED lights on a separate switch barely come on. If I hit the switch on and off it will turn one set of lights off but they don't turn completely off. They are wired on 2 separate switches to a common positive/negative bus bar, on a separate battery. Did I really have 2switches fry at the same time while sitting in the garage??

You have something feeding backwards through a circuit or missing a ground. I would suggest checking your wiring.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
BUT DOES THE GARAGE DOOR OPEN WHEN YOU PUSH ON YOUR BRAKE PEDAL

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
like Obanacreek said You have back feed, ground wires don't go thru switches unless you are grounding a lighted switch or you are using the switch to complete a ground to a circuit,,,

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I had the same problem when I hooked up my new fuse panel last weekend. The new fuse panel had LED's on it to light up when a fuse is blown. However, power flows backward through a diode and a small current was lighting up my driving lights, so I cut the internal wires going to the LED's. Problem solved!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!