100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been pondering names to name my new conveyance. Like most buckets, it’s white, much like the camper. One could look upon it as a blank canvas; invitingly ready to endeavor to create and explore. You could say it’s racist if you’re so inclined to such behavior, but I’d prefer to be a neutral white with the inner stripe and cognitive dissonance of the grey man, blending into his envionment, unobstrusive, non-obstructive yet powerful in its presence. With all that and considering my fondness for words, not a single damn thing came to mind, except for something “white as Snow“. Although I’m not exactly Germanic, (except for my split Gnome personality) I have always like the German languages. The earlier proto Germanic translation was Snaiwaz which later became Sneo. There were many other‘s like Snjor from the Norse, or Slavonic Snegu, Russian Sneig or in Sanskrit the word for snow was Snihyati which translates to ‘he gets wet’. Seeing how I’m about to move towards a more Northerly climate and being a man of many camouflages, I thought what better color to blend into the northern woods of Idaho. That and many words rhyme with Snow. (No Homoflauge). Since most of us on here only speak English and very little Norse , I’ll just stick to Snow. Unless of course you prefer Falthrip Luungaard...? Say it while belching mead.....

6A9FB94C 0FA8 4A97 B760 13A4E080E912 5B9F1E8B 8384 4966 9DA1 FFFD99A71857 4E8C53E6 56EF 4574 8641 2A175CCA7C98

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I’ve been pondering names to name my new conveyance. Like most buckets, it’s white, much like the camper. One could look upon it as a blank canvas; invitingly ready to endeavor to create and explore. You could say it’s racist if you’re so inclined to such behavior, but I’d prefer to be a neutral white with the inner stripe and cognitive dissonance of the grey man, blending into his envionment, unobstrusive, non-obstructive yet powerful in its presence. With all that and considering my fondness for words, not a single damn thing came to mind, except for something “white as Snow“. Although I’m not exactly Germanic, (except for my split Gnome personality) I have always like the German languages. The earlier proto Germanic translation was Snaiwaz which later became Sneo. There were many other‘s like Snjor from the Norse, or Slavonic Snegu, Russian Sneig or in Sanskrit the word for snow was Snihyati which translates to ‘he gets wet’. Seeing how I’m about to move towards a more Northerly climate and being a man of many camouflages, I thought what better color to blend into the northern woods of Idaho. That and many words rhyme with Snow. (No Homoflauge). Since most of us on here only speak English and very little Norse , I’ll just stick to Snow. Unless of course you prefer Falthrip Luungaard...? Say it while belching mead.....

View attachment 276501 View attachment 276502 View attachment 276503
Snow Ball Bucket

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I did another thing. It might be a redneck kinda thing but it’ll work for the present. And I saved a bunch of cash for what will probably be a temporary fix anyway. Plus, they will have a double use in the longer run... I wanted to buy some truck bed tool boxes to fit below the sides of my camper and free up space in the truck for other stuff. After pricing a number of underbody 5’ tool boxes and seeing prices of $750-$950 each, I thought of another Way. I have a few of those cheap gun cabinets made by Stack on. I use mine mainly for keeping my Jammo supply secure. So I thought to myself that these are very similar in construction and the cost is less than half for the real tool boxes. I went to sportsman’s warehouse and paid $200 each and bought one for each side. In turn they gave me a $50 gift card! So, since installing the camper on the flatbed, the jacks won’t match up with the camper brackets for raising and lowering unless I attach my steel plate brackets I made to extend the jacks outside the width of the flatbed. Whew! I really needed a way to store the camper jacks and all my extra tie downs, turnbuckles, chains, ratchet straps etc so as to free up space inside my truck for moving my stuff. Once in Idaho, I may take these off and continue to use them for securing my collection(s), or at least until I find a quality safe. So in that regard, they make for a dual purpose. I also went to the foam and fabric store and picked up some rubber matting to sandwich between the boxes and flat bed of the truck in order to reduce vibration. There will be enough left over to add a layer in the bottom of each cabinet as well. Tomorrow I’ll spray paint them to match the truck and camper better and bolt them into the bed.
on a side note: these cabinets fit the space below the camper sides better than the actual tool boxes.

A2A46486 6579 4F4B 8540 1FCDF00B5D7C 99A46ABE CAA3 46AB BFFE A53DFFBA8FF7 F282334E 16B3 4741 962D FB74FB299469 F47FE090 D07D 43FC A0F9 0123139F12EA C5EEF127 5CD7 4B3F 936E 57F0B66822A2 1C8C1DFB 6B37 4868 9C5D A0A143DBD354

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh Dan! Reading some of your post, my thoughts range from ...... you are some kinda genius ....... to man, that ole boys mind is burned up ...... lol. Either way, you sure are entertaining!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At the risk of a dumb question....how waterproof do you anticipate that being?
I’m adding a sticky side, threshold barrier around the inside of the door. Also, it may just be temporary until I get out to Idaho. If anything it does free up a bunch of space in the truck for other stuff.
here’s the safe I used. It says it’s 73.1 lbs

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh Dan! Reading some of your post, my thoughts range from ...... you are some kinda genius ....... to man, that ole boys mind is burned up ...... lol. Either way, you sure are entertaining!
I proclaim to entertain...Thankee sir!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m adding a sticky side, threshold barrier around the inside of the door. Also, it may just be temporary until I get out to Idaho. If anything it does free up a bunch of space in the truck for other stuff.
here’s the safe I used. It says it’s 73.1 lbs
Gotcha. That’ll help tremendously.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!