P1000 Lets' talk hard roofs.. which one is best?

mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well.... The better half says she likes the look of the Honda roof better. I'm not really all that picky, and if she likes it better, what the he!!.
Has anyone hung a light bar under the front lip using the Honda roof? Just wanna make sure the lip doesn't come down too far..

Reactions: Honda1000-5 and JTW
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We tried so hard....still picks factory top

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: mjn and JTW
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We tried so hard....still picks factory top

lol!! If my pretty girl likes the Honda roof better.. that's what I'll get. It'll work just fine.

After 36 years putting up with my dumb azz.. she deserves a say.

We pick up the machine this next week. Little Big Town concert Monday night, then the new Pioneer Tuesday mornin'! :)

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
lol!! If my pretty girl likes the Honda roof better.. that's what I'll get. It'll work just fine.

After 36 years putting up with my dumb azz.. she deserves a say.

We pick up the machine this next week. Little Big Town concert Monday night, then the new Pioneer Tuesday mornin'! :)
Congrats! And LBT is one of the few groups to come out in the last two decades that I can really really dig! Prepare yourself for a vocal/harmony explosion!!!

Reactions: mjn
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
LOL! That would've been tough as she just indicated that last night.
Haha just giving you crap. Enjoy the new machine, they are wonderful!

Reactions: mjn
advertisement
C

Chrissybobby

Dec 13, 2018
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the 1000-5, I bought the Tusk two piece aluminum one so it would be super low profile and not cause problems getting it in my toyhauler. It has been great and very durable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would it work to just run the front piece and leave the back off?

BVerhulst

BVerhulst

Jul 3, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a Honda OE roof on my 1000-5. It fits well, easy to put on and take off, and has been aerodynamically designed to tow on an open trailer facing forward or rearward. The one thing I do not like about it is that it raises the roof profile at least a full 2", and the water pooling (approximately half of which eventually flows off the front).

Reactions: Honda1000-5
Leonandlisa

Leonandlisa

Dec 14, 2016
Las Vegas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would it work to just run the front piece and leave the back off?
Yes, the front section goes past the middle roll bar so it would work. The bolt holes are just behind the roll bar that tie the two sections together.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!