Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
After looking into this more, I'm really excited about the HL forward arms to possibly fit 30's without a lift. Then again, I'm thinking I wouldn't mind the lift so I've noticed a couple of things. As Joey mentioned, the HL bracket lift changes the shock angles so the front and rear are very vertical. It essentially pushes the top mount out so its almost straight up and down. This will stiffen the suspension (The front needs it, not the rear) and will make it have less travel at the wheel (not sure how much less)...

Looking at the Strongmade lift, it looks like it leaves the shock angles. If anyghing, it almost looks like it moves the shock angle a bit more horizontal than stock. In my opinion, this would be ideal as you don't lose suspension travel and articulation. Have you been satisfied with the Strongmade?

I'm wondering how a mix of stongmade/HL would work. Strongmade in the rear (so you don't stiffen the stock suspension) and HL in the front with the arms (changes the shock angle and stiffens suspension). What are everyone's thoughts about this? Would it leave the front end higher than the rear? I guess I'm thinking into this too much!
I am very happy with the handling of the P1K with the StrongMade lift installed. The suspension exceeded my expectations in ride and how well is soaked up all but the biggest bumps. Not sure how iron if it would work in combination with the HL arms.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Sounds great and very smooth. Remind me what oil you're running and what you're running in the diffs

I'm using HP4S right now in the engine and sub trans. Oreillys brand gear oil in the diffs because I used to get water in them all the time. Now they are snorkeled and haven't got water in them yet but it's still got the cheap oil.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm using HP4S right now in the engine and sub trans. Oreillys brand gear oil in the diffs because I used to get water in them all the time. Now they are snorkeled and haven't got water in them yet but it's still got the cheap oil.

Sent from my iPad 7G

You mind me asking if you're running a different thickness in the diffs than stock? Seems to have less gear whine than many I hear.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Good call,I forgot to mention that I added some lucas gear oil. Can't really remember how much. Probably 30-50%.

I also put 30% lucas in the sub trans. Those things seemed to help gear noise as well as it getting broke in.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good call,I forgot to mention that I added some lucas gear oil. Can't really remember how much. Probably 30-50%.

I also put 30% lucas in the sub trans. Those things seemed to help gear noise as well as it getting broke in.

Sent from my iPad 7G
Lucas makes good stuff. I add some topend lubricant to every tankful I put in my Yanmar. 2100 hrs and still purrs like a kitten. Fires right up in 20 degree weather too.

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!