P700 Light bar and reverse lights question.

1233p700-4

Sep 6, 2018
Connecticut
Ownership

1. 700-4
New to the group. Bought a p700-4 deluxe back in September to plow my 500ft driveway and to ride the trails of the New England. Last night was the first night that I had to plow at night. I realized pretty quickly that I need a light bar and some reverse lights. The bounce back off the plow was unbelievable from the headlights. What does everyone suggest? I would rather not mount the light bar on the roof as to not interfere with loading it back in the shed. What brackets, switches and light bars is everyone using? I should also mention I have an OEM windshield and hard roof.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Forward facing lights are very personal.
Are you trying to light up infront of you?
Trying to light the sides of the plow?
Some of the 1000 guys have been adding pod lights onto the rear seatbelts pointing forward. These work great, but may not give the coverage you want.you can see them in this picture.
IMG 20190210 2309276

Reverse lights are easy. Grab this setup from our store. Plug and play, can be mounted/pointed in any direction on ROPS.
Honda Pioneer 700 plug-n-play Auto Backup Light Full Kit.

Grab a switch plate of your choosing from @mystic1219
Order some v series switches from www.OTRATTW.com
You can buy novelty ones from Amazon, but the quality isn't there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudwing
C

Corbun

Mar 3, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 700-4
Switch plates for the 700s are sold on Facebook. I got mine from a guy and his page is named Pioneer switch panels and accessories. Just type that into the search bar. Pay with PayPal. Used switches from Amazon that have "light bar" engraved in em. Bought these from Amazon. They bolt right up to the back bumper area and wired them into the back up alarm blank plug that is near the rear passenger foot well. Lights come on when vehicle is put into reverse.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A6TNWHW?tag=sxsweb24-20

G3Duck

G3Duck

Jan 29, 2019
Clarksville Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Beep, Beep......Back up the truck. I can get this light, mount it on the roll bar, run the wiring, plug it in and when I put the vehicle in reverse I've got back up lights? Take it out of reverse and the light goes out?

Reactions: Mudwing and Neohio
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Beep, Beep......Back up the truck. I can get this light, mount it on the roll bar, run the wiring, plug it in and when I put the vehicle in reverse I've got back up lights? Take it out of reverse and the light goes out?
Beep beep... yep.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shut the front door!
Easy plug and play, reacts exactly as described. You might be able to piece together a kit for $10 less. But then you are ordering multiple places.
I believe we even have a 10% discount code for forum users! Makes it even more attractive!

C

Corbun

Mar 3, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 700-4

Exactly what I'm saying

C

Corbun

Mar 3, 2019
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 700-4

Made this video to show you.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Great thread. thanks for all the information. I will follow this as soon as it warms up a bit.

L

LBrown867

Mar 22, 2019
Birmingham, Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-4
Maybe we can keep this thread alive. I am working on my buddy's new 700-4 rig and am struggling to find a solid answer as to mounting brackets for the front windshield area for a light bar. IT has a full windshield and will eventually have a roof so was hoping to mount it down low in front of the windshield. The brackets I have found are for the 1000 and "halfway" work for the 700. Anybody have any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Technoguru

Technoguru

Lifetime Member
May 8, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I fixed it.
It may be Monday before this item ships.
Thank you. I ordered one. Was in the woods late last night and really needed this as I backed up a half mile in a swamp using my phone light haha

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!