P700 Light replacement bulbs

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just installed my 800 series lights and as others have said, they're better than stock. I wouldn't say they project further, but they are brighter and look better :).

IMG 20200820 212019

T

tapaugh

Jan 14, 2020
Wantage, NJ
Ownership

1. 500
Not sure about the ones you listed but I just switched to these.

Pretty incredible the difference as you can see in the pic.

View attachment 216717
I tried these on my 700 and they didn't work. They can be installed but the orientation of the led chips ends up not being correct. The led chips should be at 9 and 3 o'clock once installed in order to maximize the light beam from the reflector housing. Instead they installed at 12 and 6 o'clock. I returned them and instead ordered bulbs with an adjustable mounting ring. They will arrive tomorrow and should solve this issue for me.

Slackjaw

Slackjaw

Feb 11, 2020
Durham NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine are at 12 & 6 also.
The included instructions say thats the correct orientation. Where did you get the info for 9 & 3?

T

tapaugh

Jan 14, 2020
Wantage, NJ
Ownership

1. 500
Mine are at 12 & 6 also.
The included instructions say thats the correct orientation. Where did you get the info for 9 & 3?
I got it from reading various websites that sell or advise about doing LED upgrades. I've read that LED chips are supposed to mimic the filament of whatever bulb you are installing, this case being the 881 bulb. The filament of that bulb is vertical. An LED replacement should be one that is only 2 sided and with one side pointing at 9 o'clock and the other pointing at 3. Also, on my 700, if I look at the headlight housing from the front, there's very little reflector material down at 6 o'clock. It's mostly just black plastic. To me, it would support the idea that you want the led's shining directly towards a bright reflector surface and not towards dull black plastic. I also noticed when I installed one of the LEDs that you used, the light pattern was not as good as the OEM factory bulb. Again, just trying to learn some more and hoping what I already know will help me out. Anyway, the new LEDs arrive tomorrow and I will have my answer.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine are probably at 12 and 6 as well, but I gotta say that the amount of light put out and the distance thrown is much much more than the OEM were. So much so that I really have no need for the 12" LED bar across the front of my machine

Last edited:
1811tactical

1811tactical

Jul 15, 2020
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
I got it from reading various websites that sell or advise about doing LED upgrades. I've read that LED chips are supposed to mimic the filament of whatever bulb you are installing, this case being the 881 bulb. The filament of that bulb is vertical. An LED replacement should be one that is only 2 sided and with one side pointing at 9 o'clock and the other pointing at 3. Also, on my 700, if I look at the headlight housing from the front, there's very little reflector material down at 6 o'clock. It's mostly just black plastic. To me, it would support the idea that you want the led's shining directly towards a bright reflector surface and not towards dull black plastic. I also noticed when I installed one of the LEDs that you used, the light pattern was not as good as the OEM factory bulb. Again, just trying to learn some more and hoping what I already know will help me out. Anyway, the new LEDs arrive tomorrow and I will have my answer.
I was having the same issue. Did the bulbs work out and can you send a link where to get them.

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
700's do not have brights/lows switch like cars do. Its just off or on. Unless there's an under-dash or old school floor-mounted button I've never found.

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Can anyone confirm these will work on a 2021 700?
....saw this in the Q&A section of the ones in the link.
I thought pretty much everything was the same with models from 2017 on?
BB4D4BA7 468A 492E 9584 50936C190E07

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!