Light up the night!

hop

hop

May 20, 2015
where did you get the switches? I'm likely going to go with a 20 or so inch bar and 2 worklights on the side, pointed 10 and 2.. Plus a winch, of course. I love how clean that looks.

wyo700

wyo700

Lifetime Member
Sep 26, 2013
I really like that winch switch. Would also like to know where you got them from.

shakemandril

shakemandril

Jul 27, 2014
Four Corners
What kind of run time do you get from your 20" bar? Mine draws 7 amps and I am worried it will drain the battery pretty quick.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of run time do you get from your 20" bar? Mine draws 7 amps and I am worried it will drain the battery pretty quick.

If the motors running, it should last about an hour after the gas runs out using the factory battery.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Once you add more than about 350 watts you'll need a bigger battery that can take a deep discharge, between the other systems and that draw youll be pushing the charging system past it's ability to maintain the charge on the battery. But if you have loads like that or winch a lot you'll need to let the charging system catch up occasionally or even with the bigger battery you'll have the same problem.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Was able to sneak outside for an hour and Installed two of the four work lights. Feel rigid mounted to the roof. Hooked em up to a temp power supply to see how they looked. I'm happy. I'll run the wiring and install the switches when I'm done mounting.
How did you like the cube faceing out the sides? did it work well for you?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!