Talon Line X the Talon plastic

cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anyone have the Line X spray on bed liner/coating done to their Talon? I am thinking of doing the bed/cargo areas, but unsure if the line x will adhere well.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
4CF088A5 E475 4CEA B55D 734918D1D40C
Anyone have the Line X spray on bed liner/coating done to their Talon? I am thinking of doing the bed/cargo areas, but unsure if the line x will adhere well.
Their propaganda says it sticks.

Reactions: dnjones161
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dont waste your money. If anything get a good rubber mat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’ll second cuoutdoors. It’ll be a PITA to clean.

If you’ve got a truck bed with a spray in liner just get in it with muddy shoes and let it dry and then try cleaning it. Dirt clings to the textured material, but it sure is durable.

Reactions: Sheetmetalfab
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I have had Line-X on my P5 for almost 5 years now and that stuff sticks like skid mark in your shorts and I always pressure wash it and it does not scratch or chip.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Sounds like a great way to collect more dust and dirt back there and harder to clean .
@HUCK, it does not collect more dust nor dirt and cleans up very easily.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Some comments are negative on the Line-X but I can tell you after almost 5 years I would NOT be without it.

Reactions: 500oneer
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I’ll second cuoutdoors. It’ll be a PITA to clean.

If you’ve got a truck bed with a spray in liner just get in it with muddy shoes and let it dry and then try cleaning it. Dirt clings to the textured material, but it sure is durable.
Mine cleans up very nicely and its easy to do and its had a lot of crap on it in the last almost 5 years.

advertisement
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Mine cleans up very nicely and its easy to do and its had a lot of crap on it in the last almost 5 years.

4 replies wow.

You must own Line X stock.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Some comments are negative on the Line-X but I can tell you after almost 5 years I would NOT be without it.

You are comparing the rack of your glorified 4 wheeler to the plastic bed of a 1000cc sport machine. That's not exactly the same line of duty.

I have put line-x in the bed of every truck I have ever owned.

However! I do not see any benefit to putting it on the bed of a talon nor do I believe it to be a cost effective solution for his cargo woes

If I thought the bed of my p1k would benefit from line-x it would already be on there.

If you think it's so great and wonderful for a sxs please do provide more details and examples why.

Reactions: Isaiah and Someguy
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
You are comparing the rack of your glorified 4 wheeler to the plastic bed of a 1000cc sport machine. That's not exactly the same line of duty.

I have put line-x in the bed of every truck I have ever owned.

However! I do not see any benefit to putting it on the bed of a talon nor do I believe it to be a cost effective solution for his cargo woes

If I thought the bed of my p1k would benefit from line-x it would already be on there.

If you think it's so great and wonderful for a sxs please do provide more details and examples why.

I was trying to explain that I have it on the hood and fenders of my P5, it is holding up very well, cleans easily, does not scratch and it makes the plastic stronger, no need to call my little P5 a glorified 4 wheeler just because you are are an elitist with your 1000-3, we don't do that on this forum.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was trying to explain that I have it on the hood and fenders of my P5,

You did not in any way explain or even imply that is the case.

it is holding up very well, cleans easily, does not scratch and it makes the plastic stronger, no need to call my little P5 a glorified 4 wheeler.....

Well it is, dont take offense to it. I like them! I'm just calling it what it is.

just because you are are an elitist with your 1000-3,

I'm no elitist, other people on here have a lot nicer shyt than my shyt.

Reactions: Mudwing
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Wow...making assumptions is a sign of intellectual weakness that offers up opinion over fact, I was providing fact from actually using Line-X

Ya that’s me.
Intellectually weak AF.

I’ve had Line X in 2 trucks.

It collects dirt, oil, mud, stains etc like a sponge.
Pretty much always looks terrible.

Recommending it for someone else to use on a plastic P1k bed seems like a different application.

I can’t imagine wanting the bed to be harder to clean.

Honestly, can you?

(I get that you already did your machine and want to justify your purchase to yourself and others, please don’t take other’s experiences and or opinions as an “attack” even if they are different than yours)

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No personal experience but I have seen this done on several jeeps and I think it looks amazing... When done right.

You can tell when someone has a vehicle pulled apart and takes it to a Line-X dealer vs tries to "rattle-can" it at home.

It would appear that there are different formulations of Line-X- perhaps some are more "rubbery" than others? We have a Mopar dealer that has probably 15 jeeps that are lifted and Line-X-ed on the lot at any given time. If it was that terrible to clean I can't believe a new car dealer would continue to do that to $70k Wrangler Unlimiteds.

I have seen @Alan photos and I think his Pioneer looks great! It's not cheap to do it right, but if I had unlimited funds id give it a shot.

Unclear to me why a Pioneer vs Talon vs quad would be any different in terms of looks/performance/cleaning?

Reactions: Alan aka Davinci
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No doubt line x is durable, but my experience has been it takes a TON of work to make it look as good as the day it was sprayed on. I can never seem to get all the gravel dust off. It always looks dull.

I have a hard enough time cleaning my sxs I dont see this being any easier to clean.

I put it in all my truck beds so I dont have to see all my paint getting beat to hell. It also does help keep items from sliding quite as much.

From a cost perspective I'd think it's not cheap to do to a sxs. The plastics are pretty cheap to replace....

So...
Easier to clean.....doubtful
More durable.....yes
Cheaper.....meh
Help resale value.....not likely
Looks cool.... to some folks
Scratch resistant.....Yes

If you're looking to check a lot of boxes I dont see line x doing that but ....different strokes for different folks. If you like it, do it!

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No personal experience but I have seen this done on several jeeps and I think it looks amazing... When done right.

You can tell when someone has a vehicle pulled apart and takes it to a Line-X dealer vs tries to "rattle-can" it at home.

It would appear that there are different formulations of Line-X- perhaps some are more "rubbery" than others? We have a Mopar dealer that has probably 15 jeeps that are lifted and Line-X-ed on the lot at any given time. If it was that terrible to clean I can't believe a new car dealer would continue to do that to $70k Wrangler Unlimiteds.

I have seen @Alan photos and I think his Pioneer looks great! It's not cheap to do it right, but if I had unlimited funds id give it a shot.

Unclear to me why a Pioneer vs Talon vs quad would be any different in terms of looks/performance/cleaning?
There is definitely a difference in brands.

I suspect the dealer is doing it more for marketing and curb appeal than anything. Few of them ever leave the concrete jungle and are easy to keep looking nice.

If I had a jeep I was beating around the backwoods with I would line x the quarter panels. It does prevent some scratches and gouges.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!