X arched forward arms

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Curious if an x with forward arched arms turning radius is still better than the r’s turning radius? Anyone have a comparison?
I don’t have our X anymore but we did have forward aarms on it. I never measured the turning radius but I didn’t ever feel like it was a noticeable change in its turning radius as I drove it. Now on the Rs we the Hess steering racks without the stops and that has been a more noticeable improvement to the turning radius. I was happy with our forward aarms on the X.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
I just put fwd arms from SATV on my X so i could fit 33's. The turning radius is not as good as before but still better than an R.
I have 1 1/2" forward arched SATV Arms on my 2023 X2 and my 32" x 11.5 TSL Swampers (mounted on Method 6+1 Bead Grip wheels) barely rub at full turn & Stuff (Both at the same time). IMHO 33"s will need to be skinny to have a chance of working.

WB

Reactions: Hometeam
Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I have 1 1/2" forward arched SATV Arms on my 2023 X2 and my 32" x 11.5 TSL Swampers (mounted on Method 6+1 Bead Grip wheels) barely rub at full turn & Stuff (Both at the same time). IMHO 33"s will need to be skinny to have a chance of working.

WB
The 11.5” wide is the bigger factor making yours rub. We have put 33s on an X (10” wide) with the SATV 1.5 forward aarms and had plenty of room. We could have even gone bigger without rub.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!