NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did they pull this off the ideas list???? I swear someone said on here they should come designed with tie down points.

RECOVERY HOOK POINT
Built in to the Talon 1000R’s chassis design, this attaching point makes it easy to secure your Talon 1000R for transport, and also makes it easy to hook up a recovery strap when your buddy on some other brand of side-by-side gets stuck. Make him buy you lunch as a payback.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like they have learned several things through the Pioneer R&D effort the likes of CumminsPusher did for them...

ENGINE AIR INTAKE
To get the most out of your engine, you need the best air going into it. That’s why we positioned the air filter up high over the engine in the rear, and the air intake off to the side. It helps ensure a clean air supply, even at deeper fording depths.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That presentation don't mean crap. Anyone the would or would not buy one base on the first ad/presentation is pretty gullible.
No kidding but the bumbling VP and other guy stumbling around years and facts is embarrassing; I'm a Plumbing Contractor and could have set up a product presentation for this particular product a million times better than those clowns did!

BTW, I was so sure I wasn't buying a Talon this year, I bought two 2018 Pioneers.

I hate the doors, means you'll have to either buy a kit or aftermarket to keep mud and dust out where I ride and, the Cam Am / RZR 'ish back area is very disappointing. I'll wait till they put out the "Polaris General style" in about 2 years to buy one, after they do the 4 seater next year with the same engine. Wanna bet?

Last edited:
Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
Davy

Davy

Oct 1, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dat passport dough .Mmmm.
With it's cute little roof rack . But I think that talon is sexy as hell .I just have to wait until a few kids move out before I can get one

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
WTH is all the crying about. Dang, I like them. They look good, have plenty of suspension AND power. 114hp is waaay plenty unless maybe you are racing in the desert. Matters not to me through, as much as I like them I will not be able to buy another anytime soon. They will have plenty of time to work the bugs out of them ...... lol

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No kidding but the bumbling VP and other guy stumbling around years and facts is embarrassing; I'm a Plumbing Contractor and could have set up a product presentation for this particular product a million times better than those clowns did!

BTW, I was so sure I wasn't buying a Talon this year, I bought two 2018 Pioneers.

I hate the doors, means you'll have to either buy a kit or aftermarket to keep mud and dust out where I ride and, the Cam Am / RZR 'ish back area is very disappointing. I'll wait till they put out the "Polaris General style" in about 2 years to buy one, after they do the 4 seater next year with the same engine. Wanna bet?
Yeah the speakers were lame, but I did not watch it just to hear what some dophus had to say. I ignore their DA, and looked at the machine.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah the speakers were lame, but I did not watch it just to hear what some dophus had to say. I ignore their DA, and looked at the machine.
How did you see it behind the cameras and 12 reporters standing in front of it? I had a better look a year ago on the spy photo's.

Looks like it's an RZR with a modified Pioneer body without the bed and LE diffs, I do like it but I was expecting to see a turbo.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m sorry all for my negativity but I really did want that to come out swinging. The whole thing was crap, the suspension was a big let down from what I saw in pics, power is mediocre which I figured (actually assumed 108 but heard 93) 60” would’ve really grabbed my attention and I think others, the running over the whoops should’ve been done seriously with professional driver with machine setup, the drone of the speech, the lead up, the misinformed presentation, everything was crap for a fan to sit there through.
Was hoping for more. I do believe it’ll be a fine rig and believe it’ll have less problems then p1000 had at debut so that’s really good but it’s going up against a heavy crowd. I’ve always wanted a Sport but it’s not been the right time and had to make family first. It’s almost time and worked hard to get there, and will continue to but if we’ve got a bad ass Pioneer and an ultra dependable Wolverine so I want something more.
With all bulls*** aside I will want to run one before we buy and hope I get blown away but if it’s more money for less it’s hard to swallow.

SuperDutyJohn

SuperDutyJohn

Aug 20, 2018
Vero Beach, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
SuperATV will have to make reverse wheels so that I can fit a set of Portals on that 1000R :)

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m sorry all for my negativity but I really did want that to come out swinging. The whole thing was crap, the suspension was a big let down from what I saw in pics, power is mediocre which I figured (actually assumed 108 but heard 93) 60” would’ve really grabbed my attention and I think others, the running over the whoops should’ve been done seriously with professional driver with machine setup, the drone of the speech, the lead up, the misinformed presentation, everything was crap for a fan to sit there through.
Was hoping for more. I do believe it’ll be a fine rig and believe it’ll have less problems then p1000 had at debut so that’s really good but it’s going up against a heavy crowd. I’ve always wanted a Sport but it’s not been the right time and had to make family first. It’s almost time and worked hard to get there, and will continue to but if we’ve got a bad ass Pioneer and an ultra dependable Wolverine so I want something more.
With all bulls*** aside I will want to run one before we buy and hope I get blown away but if it’s more money for less it’s hard to swallow.
They need to give one to you and @snuffnwhisky and let yall pimp it out.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They need to give one to you and @snuffnwhisky and let yall pimp it out.
Free R&D. One of their staff for a year is double the cost of handing a couple out. Snuff would be f***ing incredible at the technical side I’d be good at trying to break it and we both could’ve worked on marketing and needed accessories.

H

HondaTech

UTVGUIDE did a way better article than the o Honda presentation, even our dealer video had less info then I expected for a new model
I'm impressed with the overall machine, do have a few quibbles.

The dash: It's time to give up this simple, fits everything crap. Make it sporty looking and awesome.

Fox QS3: Screw this soft, mid, hard crap. Just throw a fully adjustable shock on the dang thing.

As far as the doors go, that seems par for the course, RZRs have the giant ass hole in the forward lower position. I'm pouring over the UTVGUIDE pictures to see what I can find. So far the air filter looks huge !!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I
How did you see it behind the cameras and 12 reporters standing in front of it? I had a better look a year ago on the spy photo's.

Looks like it's an RZR with a modified Pioneer body without the bed and LE diffs, I do like it but I was expecting to see a turbo.
Turbo the first year? Not a chance from Honda.

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I felt sorry for the lady riding shotgun through the whoops. I saw the mouth guard on her helmet go up to her eyes and she looked like she got whiplash and knocked out at the same time.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of the links that has been posted, was from an 3rd party article that stated 114hp.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I just wanted a decent Sporty UTV with no CVT and a locking diff. But no, it has a lot of electronics to control the 4wd instead of keeping it simple. Download the large image and look at all of those electric connectors! that stuff will not like getting dunked (what will that be like after 10 years). I know someone with the 1k will preach on about how cool I-4wd is, but I would rather have driver involvement, that's why we all like the paddle shifters.

2019 Talon 1000R

Does anyone know about power steering? I read it had manual? (EDIT: I see a motor near the steering shaft in one image)

I hope this is priced right...

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
One of the links that has been posted, was from an 3rd party article that stated 114hp.
Probably be a bit till we know real number. That’s enough power especially with low range but power is important to sell a Sport. Guess we’ll see.
I’m mainly disappointed in what I saw from the suspension. That’s where I was hoping it would shine.
And the width and i4wd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!