Live valve IQS switch

J

Jhn_mcdngh

Feb 25, 2021
Ridgecrest, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R
Does anyone know why Honda put the 2 switch for the live valve in the talon instead of the 3 switch that polaris and all the other sxs have in them.
and does anyone know if that can be changed to a 3 switch easily?

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
IQS is the switch system that controls the live valve.
IQS replaces the clickers with remote operation. Live Valve has its own computer, using inputs from accelerometers and sensors throughout the machine, and continually adjusts corner by corner. They are not the same or related. ST(not a fan)has the ability to put IQS onto some Live Valve machines.

J

Jhn_mcdngh

Feb 25, 2021
Ridgecrest, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R
IQS is the switch system that controls the live valve.
All th
IQS replaces the clickers with remote operation. Live Valve has its own computer, using inputs from accelerometers and sensors throughout the machine, and continually adjusts corner by corner. They are not the same or related. ST(not a fan)has the ability to put IQS onto some Live Valve machines.
ok well all I’m trying to figure out is why they didn’t put 3 setting for comfortability on the switch like the can-am or Polaris. Is it possible to add that switch to the Honda live valve system or is it more work than good?

H

HondaTech

All th

ok well all I’m trying to figure out is why they didn’t put 3 setting for comfortability on the switch like the can-am or Polaris. Is it possible to add that switch to the Honda live valve system or is it more work than good?

The SCU wouldn't have the programing for the "Firm" setting or the wiring to make it work. It would take reprogramming the SCU along with other things to make it possible.

Reactions: Jhn_mcdngh
J

Jhn_mcdngh

Feb 25, 2021
Ridgecrest, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R
The SCU wouldn't have the programing for the "Firm" setting or the wiring to make it work. It would take reprogramming the SCU along with other things to make it possible.
Right on. Thanks for the info. I guess it is just to much of a head ache.
You by chance have any suggestions for making a more plush ride in general? The talon has a pretty rough ride for my wife.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I agree with @Jhn_mcdngh, there should be more flexibility with the live valve.
An ultra-soft should be a push of a button and it should be smart enough to know when you stomp it that you no longer need that setting. lol.

J

Jhn_mcdngh

Feb 25, 2021
Ridgecrest, CA
Ownership

1. Talon R
I agree with @Jhn_mcdngh, there should be more flexibility with the live valve.
An ultra-soft should be a push of a button and it should be smart enough to know when you stomp it that you no longer need that setting. lol.
Exactly! Just trying to figure something out to make a fun ride also soft or at least softer/comfortable

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Exactly! Just trying to figure something out to make a fun ride also soft or at least softer/comfortable
Weller Racing, G-Force or Shock Therapy probably has fixes for the LV by now. I'd give them a call and tell them you're looking for 'softer for the Mrs.' They'll understand. 👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!