hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Just found this on Honda-Pro-Kevin.

2023 Honda Talon 1000 Model Lineup SNEAK PEEK... 1000R 4-Seater + MORE!

The New 2023 Honda Talon 1000 model lineup includes the following 2-seater side by side and 4-seater UTV / SxS models according to the CARB documents: 2023 Honda Talon 1000R 2023 Honda Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve 2023 Honda Talon 1000R FOX Live Valve SE 2023 Honda Talon 1000R-4 FOX Live Valve 2023 Honda Talon 1000X 2023 Honda Talon 1000X FOX Live Valve 2023 Honda Talon 1000X-4 2023 Honda Talon 1000X-4 FOX Live Valve.

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I placed my deposit with my local Honda dealer 6 weeks ago for a Talon X4. Called them today, and found out they havent been allowed to place an order with Honda yet. They told me “maybe by the end of the month”……

H

HondaTech

I placed my deposit with my local Honda dealer 6 weeks ago for a Talon X4. Called them today, and found out they havent been allowed to place an order with Honda yet. They told me “maybe by the end of the month”……

Unless there's and open order period, which I doubt their will be for 22 models, its going to be after the first of the year before the 23 models get announced

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I'm afraid to ask what the turning radius of an R4 will be. :D
Yep, that would be my concern as well. They better do something to improve the steering over the R or that thing is going to take and acre. My X4 seems to turn as good as a 2 seat R.

A

autoworx1

Oct 12, 2022
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Hello crew! New to the forum. I've made phone calls to two really large Honda dealerships that move large volumes of machines. They say there is no truth to this and that the gentleman that made the above YouTube video has done this before. Oh how I hope they're wrong and he's right. I've been hoping Honda would release the 4R since the introduction of the Talon lineup.

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Hello crew! New to the forum. I've made phone calls to two really large Honda dealerships that move large volumes of machines. They say there is no truth to this and that the gentleman that made the above YouTube video has done this before. Oh I hope they're wrong and he's right. I've been hoping Honda would release the 4R since the introduction of the Talon lineup.
You'll find that dealers are often last to know. With keen watching of CARB, patents, and parts fiche that seem to come out early, a lot of times you can find out on this site what is coming before it is actually released.
This group even had the first pics of the Talon before released and even got Hondas "not so pleasant" attention on that one. I don't believe a CARB listing is a guarantee it is coming out, but it usually does.

H

HondaTech

You'll find that dealers are often last to know. With keen watching of CARB, patents, and parts fiche that seem to come out early, a lot of times you can find out on this site what is coming before it is actually released.
This group even had the first pics of the Talon before released and even got Hondas "not so pleasant" attention on that one. I don't believe a CARB listing is a guarantee it is coming out, but it usually does.

"Allegedly"

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The 4 seat models sell well so I expect the 4 seat R will be announced late this year. All Honda has to do is move the front dif forward and use the 4 seat X steering rack. From the ARB chart it looks like it will only be offered with Live Valve. I wanted a 4 seat X but couldn't give up the 20 inches of travel.

H

HondaTech

The 4 seat models sell well so I expect the 4 seat R will be announced late this year. All Honda has to do is move the front dif forward and use the 4 seat X steering rack. From the ARB chart it looks like it will only be offered with Live Valve. I wanted a 4 seat X but couldn't give up the 20 inches of travel.

The only difference in the rack is the housing width. The R rack is wider, so the tie rod balljoint bottoms out on the housing to prevent axle bind. We made our own X rack by machining the housing down.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R

Is the front diff further back in an X than the R model? I thought the only difference was the length and offset of the front A arms and that both frames were the same except for the extra suspension mounting point the R has for the rear upper trailing link.

N

Newbiehere

May 3, 2022
California
Ownership

1. Other Brand
So on CA carb’s website, Honda’s 2023 lineup is indeed listed and shows CARB passed their testing this summer. I’ve been digging around for the CARB app on their site for a bit to verify what the video said and finally found it! The 2023 1000R-4 Fox Live Valve is indeed listed as one of their 2023 models!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!