H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda did a great job on the 2023 Talon R 4-seater. Its better than I expected. The Fox Live Valve suspension works great, and I think 99% of the owners will be happy with it. The power steering is a big improvement. I didn't want the Live Valve suspension or the I-4WD, but I had no choice. Fortunately, Hondas don't break so no problem with reliability. I plan on buying a 2025 Talon R base model with Showa Shocks next year if they offer it in Honda Racing Red. It will replace my 2019 Talon R with over 40,000 miles. The Talon is a sport model and should always be offered in Red. If the 2025 base Talons with the Showa Shock are still only offered in black, I will keep my 2019 Talon R for another year.

My local dealer didn't have a Talon R 4 in stock, so I bought mine from GOAZ in Flagstaff. This is the 5th side by side I have bought in Flagstaff. They gave me a really good price plus Honda gives $500 in accessories on a 2023 Talon. It makes it worth the trip plus they are really good to deal with. Connor, my salesman is straight up with none of the stuff the guys have to deal with at Ride Now in Phoenix.

Last edited:
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda did a wonderful job with the suspension. I jacked the back end up to check the cross over rings. Honda set them way up to get full benefit out of the tender springs. It's amazing how good it is the wash board and low speed boney sections. The Honda guys said they made the 2023 and 2024 models with softer suspension, and they delivered in a big way. The main spring is softer too.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I'm too old to load my Suzuki up high in the back so I have it in the rear seat area where it's easy to load and unload. I still do some long remote solo rides. Hondas don't break but I'm a lot more comfortable with a backup ride to get cell phone coverage in case I have a problem. The platform and wheel rails come out with 8 bolts and the seats go back in. I didn't have modify anything. I still need to improve the tiedown straps.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Honda did a wonderful job with the suspension. I jacked the back end up to check the cross over rings. Honda set them way up to get full benefit out of the tender springs. It's amazing how good it is the wash board and low speed boney sections. The Honda guys said they made the 2023 and 2024 models with softer suspension, and they delivered in a big way. The main spring is softer too.

View attachment 423217View attachment 423219
Which skid plate and trailing arms guards did you go with?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!