Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Gl

Glad I didnt sell my P1000-3. Looks like a long wait for the X4…..
I checked again at the beginning of December with my local dealer. Still no idea if or when he would be able to order or get my Talon X4. He agreed to refund my deposit. I checked around the dealers within 250 miles and found nothing. I expanded my search out to 600 miles and found two machines available. Two days later, I drove 525 miles to Lincoln, Nebraska and picked up my Talon X4.

8F1D6520 3ADF 4AEF 8322 A7A098D565ED

N

Newbiehere

May 3, 2022
California
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Well I'm one of the weird people that really wants a factory turbo R. Maybe in 2024....:rolleyes:

We all want one, but I’d be willing to bet that Honda will never ever offer it. You look at the big three, Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha, neither of them offer turbos. For years now people keep hoping “next year” is the year and it will never happen. Yamaha wont probably ever release a 4 seater of their yxz1000 too but yet people every year speak about how “next year” is the year. You look at Hondas trail bikes, they go decades without being changed. But luckily aftermarket companies know that and fill the void.

G

GITRITE

Dec 14, 2022
North Carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
For me, IMO, I want more power while maintaining a similar weight and size the buggy is now. I don’t want big power, a horsepower rating anywhere between 150 and 175 would be fine with me. If the turbo was a factory option, Honda would fix the weak links in the motor and drivetrain. Most notably the pistons or I should say the piston skirts. The fit and finish should be better also than an aftermarket kit. I know a turbo isn’t for everyone but for me it works and it should be cheaper than Honda reengineering the motor / drivetrain for a 3 cylinder, which would logically be the next step.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
For me, IMO, I want more power while maintaining a similar weight and size the buggy is now. I don’t want big power, a horsepower rating anywhere between 150 and 175 would be fine with me. If the turbo was a factory option, Honda would fix the weak links in the motor and drivetrain. Most notably the pistons or I should say the piston skirts. The fit and finish should be better also than an aftermarket kit. I know a turbo isn’t for everyone but for me it works and it should be cheaper than Honda reengineering the motor / drivetrain for a 3 cylinder, which would logically be the next step.
I can tell you the turbo is a game changer for the Talon! I have 1 turboed now and I won't go back. I am planning on adding turbos to our other Talons. I haven't even driven what was my Talon RLV, since we got one Turboed. It is a blast and a beast. We are stock on a Jackson setup.

DHS_Officer

DHS_Officer

Jan 14, 2021
Orange County Cal
Ownership

1. Talon X
Well I'm one of the weird people that really wants a factory turbo R. Maybe in 2024....:rolleyes:
Please dont hold your breath. Honda spent a fortune during the ATC law suits days. They are always going to prioritize safety of speed. There is a reason they are the only ones with window nets.
Their goal is maximized fun will minimizing risk.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Please dont hold your breath. Honda spent a fortune during the ATC law suits days. They are always going to prioritize safety of speed. There is a reason they are the only ones with window nets.
Their goal is maximized fun will minimizing risk.

If that were truly the case the ROPS wouldn't be made of tin foil and bolt to the rear of the chassis with four 6mm bolts, and it probably wouldn't do anywhere near 78mph.....

H

HondaTech

If that were truly the case the ROPS wouldn't be made of tin foil and bolt to the rear of the chassis with four 6mm bolts, and it probably wouldn't do anywhere near 78mph.....

I'm confused what 4 6mm bolts you're referring to?

The 4 holding the rear of the cage under the bed are 10mm🤷🏻‍♂️

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The 4 bolts under the exhaust cover are 10mm threads. I cant think of what 4 bolts your referencing

Maybe they are 10mm, still seemed small for what they do. Mine where only on there for a few weeks before I cut all that crap off so my memory is vague.😁

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!