chuve

chuve

Feb 28, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
Hey guys, this will be our first trip down for the takeover and for any kind of trail riding in general outside of our own property. Hoping the Comfort inn is a good spot to still be able to get to the trails and up to Royal blue to the main events. We will have our little guy (age 5) and hoping there are some fairly easy trail options to get up to Royal blue from town. So a few questions here:

1) What are the best "easy" trail options from hotel to Royal Blue?

2) Best source for some offline up-to-date maps I could store on phone for navigating purposes?

3) What are the "road rules"? I have seen this mentioned on older threads but no real detail around it. I know kids need helmets in general but not sure on any other rules for being on trails and especially for any road driving.

Any advise is much appreciated! Thanks!

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
We stayed at Comfort Inn last June...2 ways you can get to RRB....If you go by trail, trailhead is over by Mexican restaurant and the other is highway/gravel road. The highway is certainly much faster. goodluck

P

Pgsull1

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2020
Nicholasville, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We actually drove down for the day and rode there a few weeks ago and parked at the Shell station (have to buy a tag for $5) and trail 12 is to left up the hill. you can take the blacktop road to the left at the Mexican restaurant and you will hit trail 1. From Comfort inn you would go under interstate then left for 12 or right for 1. All trails are well marked and very passable but can vary with weather and traffic, last year my daughter rode many on a stock kaw mule 610 and we were on ATVs. RRB also has bypasses around most of the tougher stuff as well.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey guys, this will be our first trip down for the takeover and for any kind of trail riding in general outside of our own property. Hoping the Comfort inn is a good spot to still be able to get to the trails and up to Royal blue to the main events. We will have our little guy (age 5) and hoping there are some fairly easy trail options to get up to Royal blue from town. So a few questions here:

1) What are the best "easy" trail options from hotel to Royal Blue?

2) Best source for some offline up-to-date maps I could store on phone for navigating purposes?

3) What are the "road rules"? I have seen this mentioned on older threads but no real detail around it. I know kids need helmets in general but not sure on any other rules for being on trails and especially for any road driving.

Any advise is much appreciated! Thanks!
BY far the easiest route is:

Exit from Comfort Inn lane turn left onto Hwy 63.
Take Hwy 63 to first road on right (approx. 2.5 miles) Stinking Creek Road.
Turn right onto Stinking Creek Road 3 miles of gravel, then crosses I-75 then 4 miles of pavement to Ride Royal Blue Campground off to the right.

Takes 15 minutes at 40-45 MPH from Comfort Inn to Ride Royal Blue just over 10 miles total

State & County LEO's do not bother SXS riders as long as you are not speeding, NOT running light bars and NOT running LED whips especially red & blue colors. Only 1 mile of the above route is not covered in the 2017 TN statutes that legalized OHV on the road sections, the police look the other way on that 1 mile section. ALL persons under 18 must wear a helmet State Law, they will issue citations for that, Adults are supposed to wear helmets on roadways but it is not enforced on SXS but is enforced on ATV's

chuve

chuve

Feb 28, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
BY far the easiest route is:

Exit from Comfort Inn lane turn left onto Hwy 63.
Take Hwy 63 to first road on right (approx. 2.5 miles) Stinking Creek Road.
Turn right onto Stinking Creek Road 3 miles of gravel, then crosses I-75 then 4 miles of pavement to Ride Royal Blue Campground off to the right.

Takes 15 minutes at 40-45 MPH from Comfort Inn to Ride Royal Blue just over 10 miles total

State & County LEO's do not bother SXS riders as long as you are not speeding, NOT running light bars and NOT running LED whips especially red & blue colors. Only 1 mile of the above route is not covered in the 2017 TN statutes that legalized OHV on the road sections, the police look the other way on that 1 mile section. ALL persons under 18 must wear a helmet State Law, they will issue citations for that, Adults are supposed to wear helmets on roadways but it is not enforced on SXS but is enforced on ATV's
Great thank you for all the information! Really appreciate it!

chuve

chuve

Feb 28, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
We actually drove down for the day and rode there a few weeks ago and parked at the Shell station (have to buy a tag for $5) and trail 12 is to left up the hill. you can take the blacktop road to the left at the Mexican restaurant and you will hit trail 1. From Comfort inn you would go under interstate then left for 12 or right for 1. All trails are well marked and very passable but can vary with weather and traffic, last year my daughter rode many on a stock kaw mule 610 and we were on ATVs. RRB also has bypasses around most of the tougher stuff as well.
Great thank you for all the information! Is the $5 tag for driving on roadways or is it the tag you need to ride the Royal blue trails?

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Great thank you for all the information! Is the $5 tag for driving on roadways or is it the tag you need to ride the Royal blue trails?
You do not need a tag to drive on the road. You need to get a TWRA riding permit for the trails. I’m guessing the gas station charges $5 to use their parking lot for the day.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If you're staying at the CI you can park there and ride everywhere needed on the buggy. Just make sure you have the TWRA permits 👍

chuve

chuve

Feb 28, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
Ok thanks for the information. You're referring to the permits that Royal Blue has listed in the information listed from TWRA on their website right? These are much more than $5. Not sure what the $5 permit from the gas station is for...

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure what the $5 permit from the gas station is for...
That is a fee/placard for the gas station parking lot. Shows you paid to park on their property. Pretty much a parking ticket, leave visable for them to confirm you paid before having your rig towed from the lot.

chuve

chuve

Feb 28, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
When we was staying at CI last June they had a security officer there all night to keep vandals from snooping around....I still chained my stuff up but never had any issues
Thanks for the heads up. Know where you can get a lockable latch for your factory glove box storage on the pioneer 1000s?

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok thanks for the information. You're referring to the permits that Royal Blue has listed in the information listed from TWRA on their website right? These are much more than $5. Not sure what the $5 permit from the gas station is for...
Yes, you need those permits from TWRA. Cost
7 Day Hunting Permit (072) $61.00
WMA Small Game Permit (093) $20.00
Handling Fee $3.52
Total $84.52

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!