Honda at RRB

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Yea. I tried to fit my normal tools on the Talon and it's not happening not counting the recovery gear, cooler, first aid and whatever other dumb s*** we pack on. The Talon will carry the beer and Lisa.
That’s were the 4 seater comes in handy. Lots of room for stuff when families not along.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
M
I will SAY THIS about Yamaha. They interact with the customers, they do demo rides for riders and the general public, they will listen to their customers and owners for future improvements, they hold random events for all inclusive trips to Moab, Paiute trail and several others around the USA for lucky winners, they hold the XTR event at Loretta Lynn's Ranch every year to showcase the offroad capability of their machines! For $100 bucks entry fee they will make you feel like your tog dog in any motorcross event, they will feed you like a king and give away so much Yamaha accessories and swag that you cannot go wrong! I'm friends with a few factory Yamaha guys that work in Newnan, GA and they are top notch guys. Honda has NEVER done anything like this and its awfully upsetting that as big as they are and such that they choose to stay 25 years behind technology and innovations with other brands. This forum should be backed with Honda approval and support and its crazy to me that they don't!
My brother rolled his down a mountain. They gave him a new one. No insurance involved.

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
25 years behind everyone?

With a transmission and 4wd system no one else has even thought of?

Belts are 25 years behind.
Only 25 years? I suppose that is why Can Am is researching, developing and testing a DCT of their own? Saw some design patent illustrations recently. Of course the belt and pulley gang are all butt hurt about this. HONDA has a 15 year lead in DCT technology, but you can bet that any of the competition considering their own DCT is looking at every hard part and every line of HONDA code before making the jump. I was at the HONDA Dealer Convention in the mid 90's and told the VP of Sales then that HONDA needed to get on the ball with the SxS or they would be playing "catch up" in the future. HONDA became run by accountants and lawyers, they lost their edge when they became a car company that just happens to build power sports vehicles.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yea. I tried to fit my normal tools on the Talon and it's not happening not counting the recovery gear, cooler, first aid and whatever other dumb s*** we pack on. The Talon will carry the beer and Lisa.
Have you tried packouts in the talon?
Took a bit of experimental with different boxes but was able to get all that stuff in nicely with a packout cooler to boot

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have you tried packouts in the talon?
Took a bit of experimental with different boxes but was able to get all that stuff in nicely with a packout cooler to boot
I have not. I run the ridgid boxes with the pioneer. I carry to much s*** as it is but the pioneer allows for that and the Talon will not. I'm OK with it because I knew the machines are for different purposes and it's what lead my to the Talon over just getting a second pioneer.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have not. I run the ridgid boxes with the pioneer. I carry to much s*** as it is but the pioneer allows for that and the Talon will not. I'm OK with it because I knew the machines are for different purposes and it's what lead my to the Talon over just getting a second pioneer.
I have the packouts in my pioneer also. I just take the most PRACTICAL REALLY needed stuff in the Talon from that. Also rare the wife and I have both out at the same time. But I understand your point

H

HondaTech

Only 25 years? I suppose that is why Can Am is researching, developing and testing a DCT of their own? Saw some design patent illustrations recently. Of course the belt and pulley gang are all butt hurt about this. HONDA has a 15 year lead in DCT technology, but you can bet that any of the competition considering their own DCT is looking at every hard part and every line of HONDA code before making the jump. I was at the HONDA Dealer Convention in the mid 90's and told the VP of Sales then that HONDA needed to get on the ball with the SxS or they would be playing "catch up" in the future. HONDA became run by accountants and lawyers, they lost their edge when they became a car company that just happens to build power sports vehicles.

Its the Japanese, they dont understand this market. They want to see millions of tiny scooters to India. They dont understand why we want jeeps we cant drive on the street.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m definitely more prepared in the Pioneer, Talon I’ve got minimal tools or extra equipment, whatever fits under the hood in the storage there. Lucky I guess because usually both machines are together. Talon really is much tougher though and overall the Pioneer has been good enough to get back to camp so haven’t been extremely worried. I would refuse to buy a 4 door specifically to carry extra stuff. Since kept the Pioneer the extra seating is easily handled and can finally enjoy a machine without all the added weight and difficulty of bringing the kitchen sink, it’s a Honda anyways not too worried. Already been 100 miles from camp by itself, cooler in back and throttle down. Love that machine

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I’m glad you carry a ton of shat cause you saved my ass in the lake that I was sitting nuts deep in🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣nomo

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
If you spend some time you can get a pretty good supply of parts and tools in the Talon. I have a tool roll with specific tools needed for the talon. From day one I tried to track what I used to do anything to it and try to only use tool roll parts whenever i do anything to it. I'm pretty confident I have most things covered. I don't carry any luxuries like milwaukee impacts like some of you do. I was able to get tool roll, lots of small spare parts and supplies, first aid kit, small compressor, and recovery gear in one box. Then I stack up to two smaller boxes on top for snacks and rain gear and whatever else. Ozark trail 26 qt cooler beside them and a rotopax slide in as well, all in the bed. I can also pack two dry bags that mount on the cage if needed. For a day trip I think the you two could do fine in the talon. Overlanding you may need to borrow some space in a comrades pioneer or X4.

4D30A7A6 20C3 443F B252 FD7FBDF4BF77

Last edited:
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
If you spend some time you can get a pretty good supply of parts and tools in the Talon. I have a tool roll with specific tools needed for the talon. From day one I tried to track what I used to do anything to it and try to only use tool roll parts whenever i do anything to it. I'm pretty confident I have most things covered. I don't carry any luxuries like milwaukee impacts like some of you do. I was able to get tool roll, lots of small spare parts and supplies, first aid kit, small compressor, and recovery gear in one box. Then I stack up to two smaller boxes on top for snacks and rain gear and whatever else. Ozark trail 26 qt cooler beside them and a rotopax slide in as well, all in the bed. I can also pack two dry bags that mount on the cage if needed. For a day trip I think the you two could do fine in the talon. Overlanding you may need to borrow some space in a comrades pioneer or X4.

View attachment 340295
Also interested to see the new ridgid cooler and if it would be more efficient use of space. Maybe allow me to put a small ridgid box under it for some extra space and replace the ozark trail. Price is way better than the Packouts!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!