Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I pull up beside a Honda in my krx the Honda starts leaking oil so I guess you could say it’s pissing on itself 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I can tell you from being at the TO. Those KRX's are loud, we were sitting at @Ridinfool 's place and you could hear those things when they turned off the pavement. A stock Pioneer come by and you couldn't even hear it.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've always told people the Pioneer 1000 is the Swiss Army knife of the SXS world. It does so many things very well but not the best option for given niches. If you halfway take care of it, you will never walk or get towed home.

For what I currently needed / wanted the 22 P1K Trail Edition was 90% there knowing full well what they can do. However the seating setup left something to be desired, didn't need a full bed, yet room for my dog. Back seat comfort was a strong consideration and that's where the P1K5 has back seats as an afterthought combination with the heat / steam still a perrinial gripe from many owners.

When I mentioned interior, I'm not talking about shiny gadgets, the precut 10 rocker switches- pull rubber plugs snap in switch, done. Padding for knees, center console you can lean / rest arm on. Back & neck support from seats- try hold your head back against Pioneer head rest in motion.

The RMAX4 is a cross between a Talon X & Pioneer that seats 4. 14"+ suspension, 10" longer wheelbase makes for a noticeable improvement at trail speed while not being a limo in turns.
Nailed it

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I can tell you from being at the TO. Those KRX's are loud, we were sitting at @Ridinfool 's place and you could hear those things when they turned off the pavement. A stock Pioneer come by and you couldn't even hear it.
Well the pioneers are very underpowered so that might be the reason 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So compare apples to apples. A Talon is quieter and lighter, and if you had a Talon for sale it would be gone,not still in your possession. You ole freewheeling foo! 😂😂

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I think only time I ever thought Pioneer was low on power was last year pulling my sons Explorer with the trailer and sxs/dirt bikes in it to camp. Did good except I couldn’t get it into 4th gear up the 7% grade, was embarrassed.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I think only time I ever thought Pioneer was low on power was last year pulling my sons Explorer with the trailer and sxs/dirt bikes in it to camp. Did good except I couldn’t get it into 4th gear up the 7% grade, was embarrassed.
Well there goes clutch # 7 🤷‍♂️

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well there goes clutch # 7 🤷‍♂️
5yrs and never in this machine. No broken diffs, trans, cliches, or engine. Drivetrain solid except needed front Rhinos. Nothing broke pulling the PowerStroke, campers,cars,trailers, and the multiple Sxs’s which seem light lol. Always came back to camp. Even pulling the Jeep miles back to camp with diff lock engaged bouncing off the R’s, spinning all 4 grabbing enough traction occasionally off the edges to keep it going through clay mud after the rubber band clan was scared and asked a favor. This been a good machine even after what we’ve asked of it. May be crude but sometimes the toughest stuff is. But hey you’re new one has a big screen and a couple spots for switches so that’s cool stuff too😉

CDD8F651 A6DC 4A8E B70E 6094AAB16803

EE5D2502 7BEC 47B2 87C5 7051B8577B16

Last edited:
J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
5yrs and never in this machine. No broken diffs, trans, cliches, or engine. Drivetrain solid except needed front Rhinos. Nothing broke pulling the PowerStroke, campers,cars,trailers, and the multiple Sxs’s which seem light lol. Always came back to camp. Even pulling the Jeep miles back to camp with diff lock engaged bouncing off the R’s, spinning all 4 grabbing enough traction occasionally off the edges to keep it going through clay mud after the rubber band clan was scared and asked a favor. This been a good machine even after what we’ve asked of it. May be crude but sometimes the toughest stuff is. But hey you’re new one has a big screen and a couple spots for switches so that’s cool stuff too😉

View attachment 340168

View attachment 340170
Child’s play right there. Here is a beast of a machine pulling out Santa Claus in a JAH
050E69D5 138D 4620 A48D 51B7A011B84D

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Child’s play right there. Here is a beast of a machine pulling out Santa Claus in a JAH
View attachment 340176
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ya you go ahead and pull 7-8k and up to 12 around a few times through the mud and woods over lots of miles done on that belt, exploding front diff and transfer case, overheating and grenading engine platform over 5 years, then push over a couple hundred trees and rocks while riding 5 people and a cooler then get back to me.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ya you go ahead and pull 7-8k and up to 12 around a few times through the mud and woods over lots of miles done on that belt, exploding front diff and transfer case, overheating and grenading engine platform over 5 years, then push over a couple hundred trees and rocks while riding 5 people and a cooler then get back to me.
I never said anything bad about Hondas they are by all rights great machines that typically survive punishment that kills mortal machines.

That said, before you put up your cheerleader outfit, might go delete the 1500+ posts you have ragging on the JAH you destroyed be it 4" water, wheelies towing HD trucks, clutches galore. I didn't think Coors lite could cause decision interference but who knows.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just don't try it in reverse!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I never said anything bad about Hondas they are by all rights great machines that typically survive punishment that kills mortal machines.

That said, before you put up your cheerleader outfit, might go delete the 1500+ posts you have ragging on the JAH you destroyed be it 4" water, wheelies towing HD trucks, clutches galore. I didn't think Coors lite could cause decision interference but who knows.
Well I know you’re referring to the first machine that was solid except for the water issue that I found and figured out why it was doing that, and the second machine that we found multiple failure points for the group that later turned into service bulletins including the clutch issue that some machines had because shift pressure wasn’t adjusted same on all as well as the loose intake clamps that ultimately took that machine out as well?
But luckily most didn’t have to go through that stuff with me warning everyone and Honda coming out with fixes and now everything pretty well taken care of for years. I guess when you ride hard you find issues, like with any machine.
But after learning a few things, doing updates myself because I still own the “dreaded” 16 first model, I’ve now experienced very good luck. My driving ability or choices while doing it hasn’t changed. So I guess it was just the earlier machine. Sure glad Honda took care of some stuff and you were able to learn in the process.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well I know you’re referring to the first machine that was solid except for the water issue that I found and figured out why it was doing that, and the second machine that we found multiple failure points for the group that later turned into service bulletins including the clutch issue that some machines had because shift pressure wasn’t adjusted same on all as well as the loose intake clamps that ultimately took that machine out as well?
But luckily most didn’t have to go through that stuff with me warning everyone and Honda coming out with fixes and now everything pretty well taken care of for years. I guess when you ride hard you find issues, like with any machine.
But after learning a few things, doing updates myself because I still own the “dreaded” 16 first model, I’ve now experienced very good luck. My driving ability or choices while doing it hasn’t changed. So I guess it was just the earlier machine. Sure glad Honda took care of some stuff and you were able to learn in the process.

We all learned a lot as the 2016 P1K Research & Development Field Team.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

I admit i didn't start off much better, I burt the first clutchs out at two weeks and was pissed, I had no idea reverse is on the high side of the transmission always, second set was the oil passage issue, third set was when Honda came out with the new larger oil port cover, no issues since. I've had several Hondas, Yamahas and one Kawasaki KDX 250, best woods bike I ever had. Been fun and it's not over

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!