Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
25 years behind everyone?

With a transmission and 4wd system no one else has even thought of?

Belts are 25 years behind.
I think he’s talking about interior and suspension. And while I4wd works better than expected, a lot of us would still prefer a locker. I hate my power steering or lack of as well. It’s flat out dangerous in my opinion.

Still wouldn’t choose anything other than Talon for a sport model. I’d lean toward RMax if going sport/utility. Pioneer if strictly work.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think he’s talking about interior and suspension. And while I4wd works better than expected, a lot of us would still prefer a locker. I hate my power steering or lack of as well. It’s flat out dangerous in my opinion.

Still wouldn’t choose anything other than Talon for a sport model. I’d lean toward RMax if going sport/utility. Pioneer if strictly work.
Are you saying my Pioneer isn't a sport machine? I don't think the buggy knows that yet keep it to yourself lol. I'd agree on the Talon for a sport choice for sure this thing is a beast. It's way faster off road than I'm comfortable driving it so far.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've always told people the Pioneer 1000 is the Swiss Army knife of the SXS world. It does so many things very well but not the best option for given niches. If you halfway take care of it, you will never walk or get towed home.

For what I currently needed / wanted the 22 P1K Trail Edition was 90% there knowing full well what they can do. However the seating setup left something to be desired, didn't need a full bed, yet room for my dog. Back seat comfort was a strong consideration and that's where the P1K5 has back seats as an afterthought combination with the heat / steam still a perrinial gripe from many owners.

When I mentioned interior, I'm not talking about shiny gadgets, the precut 10 rocker switches- pull rubber plugs snap in switch, done. Padding for knees, center console you can lean / rest arm on. Back & neck support from seats- try hold your head back against Pioneer head rest in motion.

The RMAX4 is a cross between a Talon X & Pioneer that seats 4. 14"+ suspension, 10" longer wheelbase makes for a noticeable improvement at trail speed while not being a limo in turns.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I've always told people the Pioneer 1000 is the Swiss Army knife of the SXS world. It does so many things very well but not the best option for given niches. If you halfway take care of it, you will never walk or get towed home.

For what I currently needed / wanted the 22 P1K Trail Edition was 90% there knowing full well what they can do. However the seating setup left something to be desired, didn't need a full bed, yet room for my dog. Back seat comfort was a strong consideration and that's where the P1K5 has back seats as an afterthought combination with the heat / steam still a perrinial gripe from many owners.

When I mentioned interior, I'm not talking about shiny gadgets, the precut 10 rocker switches- pull rubber plugs snap in switch, done. Padding for knees, center console you can lean / rest arm on. Back & neck support from seats- try hold your head back against Pioneer head rest in motion.

The RMAX4 is a cross between a Talon X & Pioneer that seats 4. 14"+ suspension, 10" longer wheelbase makes for a noticeable improvement at trail speed while not being a limo in turns.
To me the RMAX is a limo, heck I’m struggling at times with the Talon X. Got use to not sawing on the wheel with reverse in Pioneer, everything else is a workout.
But yes I’d classify that machine directly in between the two and can see it’s appeal.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Ill take my dinosaurs over some flashy piece of s*** that wont make it to the end of the driveway.
My point is a Honda Recon unchanged in 20 years other than color or plastics. Or a 680 Rincon that’s been unchanged in 15 years. Honda does great things but improving certain products to keep up with the market and customer wants Honda don’t want any part of!

H

HondaTech

My point is a Honda Recon unchanged in 20 years other than color or plastics. Or a 680 Rincon that’s been unchanged in 15 years. Honda does great things but improving certain products to keep up with the market and customer wants Honda don’t want any part of!

Why change something they sell the absolute heck out of year after year.

The XR650L hasnt changed really since the 90s, but we sell everyone that hits the floor.

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
It’s refreshing to see some Honda guys on the Honda site.
Honda fan you say, I was winning races 35-40 years ago Riding Red and getting head from your mommas friends before you were outta diapers. :D

Bob 80s ATC 20220621

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Honda fan you say, I was winning races 35-40 years ago Riding Red and getting head from your mommas friends before you were outta diapers. :D

View attachment 340120
HA! I had the real leathers. When you rode in the wet weather your legs would be stained red for a week!

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

View attachment 340120
That wouldn’t surprise me. My mom’s friends were fat and ugly, I heard the one even had a dick, back before some people thought it cool. 🤣

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!