DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've been there, in the end I might have've made a point. I love my Honda but ready for greener pastures. Honda just seems to sit back and wait for sales to drop before doing anything, they have the most advanced engineering group, time to turn them lose on the S x S's!
Understandable. They've only been doing that since...i dunno...1991 or so....

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
More of the Honda crew is a rolling in. Almost all Forest & Trail Edition Pioneer 1000s

View attachment 339786

So judging by the number of Pioneer 1000 Trail & Forest Editions lingering around. Common sense says, this is what's being shown to the Press with opportunities to ride in real trail conditions. Since they were only announced a few months ago, that's the 2 new models being shown.

I expect anything not yet announced won't break cover until the Honda dealership Red Line in July. Not to say it's out of the question something new isn't sitting under covers, but probability of seeing such without invite, or NDA is unlikely.

Nothing new to see here, move along 🤷‍♂️

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
So judging by the number of Pioneer 1000 Trail & Forest Editions lingering around. Common sense says, this is what's being shown to the Press with opportunities to ride in real trail conditions. Since they were only announced a few months ago, that's the 2 new models being shown.

I expect anything not yet announced won't break cover until the Honda dealership Red Line in July. Not to say it's out of the question something new isn't sitting under covers, but probability of seeing such without invite, or NDA is unlikely.

Nothing new to see here, move along 🤷‍♂️
-or-

You could break in under the cover of night and snap some pics. Do it for us!

advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
-or-

You could break in under the cover of night and snap some pics. Do it for us!
It's not that serious. I doubt anything new of interest will be out until next generation. Guessing 5 more years and we will get bold new designs to match today's competition.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I thought Honda used to be leading edge in MX technology. Now that MX is dying back a little, they could jump on the popularity of SxSs and make a killing ... or not :(
Well, as capable as they are. No good deed goes unpunished. Like the awesome 1986 ATC 250R, the Consumer Product Safety Commission shut down the 3 wheeler industry. Many millions of litigation payouts later a Company learned to be much more conservative as people are just too phucking stupid to be trusted with high performance products especially if they are affordable. The separator is $$$ like the Honda Fireblade at $184k. But not enough will sell to be profitable. But enough to win race headlines, that sells the mainstream motorcycle line up. The bread and butter is little mopeds churned out by 5 million units a year in India.

TOGR

TOGR

Apr 5, 2022
NW Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R LV

H

HondaTech

I thought Honda used to be leading edge in MX technology. Now that MX is dying back a little, they could jump on the popularity of SxSs and make a killing ... or not :(

There killing it outdoors this year, top 2 spots in 250 and top 2 spots in 450 in points as of this weekend.

Alot of people are saying Honda and Yamaha are running KTM down in the ground finally.

H

HondaTech

Well, as capable as they are. No good deed goes unpunished. Like the awesome 1986 ATC 250R, the Consumer Product Safety Commission shut down the 3 wheeler industry. Many millions of litigation payouts later a Company learned to be much more conservative as people are just too phucking stupid to be trusted with high performance products especially if they are affordable. The separator is $$$ like the Honda Fireblade at $184k. But not enough will sell to be profitable. But enough to win race headlines, that sells the mainstream motorcycle line up. The bread and butter is little mopeds churned out by 5 million units a year in India.

That $184k model was the RC213V-S, a Moto GP bike for the road.

The current "Fireblade" 1000RR-R is "only" $28k.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well, as capable as they are. No good deed goes unpunished. Like the 1986 ATC 250R, the Consumer Product Safety Commission shut dow the 3 wheeler industry. Many millions of litigation payouts later a Company learned to be much more conservative as people are just too phucking stupid to be trusted with high performance products especially if they are affordable. The separator is $$$ like the Honda Fireblade at $184k. But not enough will sell to be profitable. But enough to win race headlines. The bread and butter is little mopeds churned out by 5 million units a year in India.
Well explained for those that didn't know about the debacle, thus all the warning badges on any new Honda S x S's. Honda got bit bad!

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!