Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really enjoy my RMAX. I try not to say much unless I'm asked but I have 0 regrets and I've driven everything including ALL Hondas. It's leaps and bounds ahead in all aspects.
Yep I'm throughly impressed by that machine. Probably would of bought it over my x4 . Height was an issue, don't want to buy a new trailer yet, and don't want to go through the chop top nothing fits road again.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sxs are no different than any other hobby. They are all pieces of overpriced s*** lol. Just have to pick your poison. Rmax is a great rig and so is the KRX. The Talon ticked all the boxes for me except the locker. Bought the torq locker before I ever even got the machine and the i4wd has yet to piss me off enough to throw it in. It's ready and waiting on the bench though....
You've conquered everything. And broke very little if anything. Hats off, lord knows your not easy on it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would argue that Honda was still innovative into the start of consent decree years. The 250R was a dominant race quad for years after they stopped making it. The original Foreman 350. And the Odessey/Pilot were innovative and (in retrospect) ahead of there time. When's the last time you could talk about Honda atvs (and now SxS's) and say that?

Outside of that...I know nothing about dirt bikes, but Honda was still making competitive sport bikes when I stopped riding them in the late 2000's, but that landscape has changed drastically from a sales standpoint. It's worth noting that the CBR1000 looks to be the bike to beat in 1000 super stock in British Superbike this year. It's still got work to do in full on superbike, though.

TOGR

TOGR

Apr 5, 2022
NW Montana
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Only one real innovator right now--Speed.

Honda, Yamaha and others are more in the refinement/sales stage, and Yamaha has made some nice gains no doubt.

Hopefully Honda, as it definitely could do, ups the ante again soon.

Josh97stang

Josh97stang

Sep 12, 2020
Sheridan, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
We met a group of the Honda folks in 3 Pioneers on the trail this afternoon. We spoke to them later on back at camp. They are having a special private event for a few press and magazine writers. They are giving them the opportunity to ride in the new Pioneers on actual trails. They said they have about a 30 mile loop picked out to take them on. Said we would probably read about it in sxs magazines soon. The press will be there tonight or tomorrow night for a private wine and dine get together.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Maybe TFL can talk about hauling it thru the mountains to see who gets the best fuel mileage while the new graphics match all these new truck colors. . I always giggle hearing them say deeezzle

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
You use to be part of that pitch fork group🤣 now Honda just sucks.
Nah, they don't suck, I really liked my Pioneer. Honda however has not kept pace with the interior touches and seating that the competition has already.

I save my pitchforks for the Pride Month KRX bois. 🤣

advertisement
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nah, they don't suck, I really liked my Pioneer. Honda however has not kept pace with the interior touches and seating that the competition has already.

Interior touches?
They finally installed a cupholder that holds more than a soda can! (But I am not sure if the 22's will hold a soda can, or if it is loose)

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I will SAY THIS about Yamaha. They interact with the customers, they do demo rides for riders and the general public, they will listen to their customers and owners for future improvements, they hold random events for all inclusive trips to Moab, Paiute trail and several others around the USA for lucky winners, they hold the XTR event at Loretta Lynn's Ranch every year to showcase the offroad capability of their machines! For $100 bucks entry fee they will make you feel like your tog dog in any motorcross event, they will feed you like a king and give away so much Yamaha accessories and swag that you cannot go wrong! I'm friends with a few factory Yamaha guys that work in Newnan, GA and they are top notch guys. Honda has NEVER done anything like this and its awfully upsetting that as big as they are and such that they choose to stay 25 years behind technology and innovations with other brands. This forum should be backed with Honda approval and support and its crazy to me that they don't!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Ya personally I could care less about the interior being a little nicer, when you’re blazing along beating the shot out of things none of that matters and is expensive off the bat and usually costs later.
Hell I know a ton of people that “upgrade” their truck specifically for a larger screen and have lost a ton of money just to do it. While I just continue driving down the road in my old covered wagon manual Dodge getting the same s*** done without the cost. But then again I’m a caveman🤣

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I will SAY THIS about Yamaha. They interact with the customers, they do demo rides for riders and the general public, they will listen to their customers and owners for future improvements, they hold random events for all inclusive trips to Moab, Paiute trail and several others around the USA for lucky winners, they hold the XTR event at Loretta Lynn's Ranch every year to showcase the offroad capability of their machines! For $100 bucks entry fee they will make you feel like your tog dog in any motorcross event, they will feed you like a king and give away so much Yamaha accessories and swag that you cannot go wrong! I'm friends with a few factory Yamaha guys that work in Newnan, GA and they are top notch guys. Honda has NEVER done anything like this and its awfully upsetting that as big as they are and such that they choose to stay 25 years behind technology and innovations with other brands. This forum should be backed with Honda approval and support and its crazy to me that they don't!
I will agree here. A friend owns a local Yamaha dealer in a small town close in Idaho. They have one of the largest sales numbers throughout the country. He was contacted by Yamaha and asked for feedback and ideas. Some of that made production on RMax apparently. He was able to test out the model before many. I really think they were trying hard for all around great machine here.
I was pretty excited when he called me and said had first one in area for me to test drive, wife and I immediately ran down and hit some of the harder trails in area. He wasn’t able to tell me much before the machine arrived, probably because I have big mouth lol. He told me just to drive it if anything happened it would be taken care of. He later got a couple specifically for demo that he couldn’t sell but “supply chain” issues eliminated some of that.
Yamaha is a good company, truthfully overall I think better then Honda but I don’t believe the durability is the same. Don’t know anyone on any of the Yamis that has miles like the Hondas do, especially on average.

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
I will agree here. A friend owns a local Yamaha dealer in a small town close in Idaho. They have one of the largest sales numbers throughout the country. He was contacted by Yamaha and asked for feedback and ideas. Some of that made production on RMax apparently. He was able to test out the model before many. I really think they were trying hard for all around great machine here.
I was pretty excited when he called me and said had first one in area for me to test drive, wife and I immediately ran down and hit some of the harder trails in area. He wasn’t able to tell me much before the machine arrived, probably because I have big mouth lol. He told me just to drive it if anything happened it would be taken care of. He later got a couple specifically for demo that he couldn’t sell but “supply chain” issues eliminated some of that.
Yamaha is a good company, truthfully overall I think better then Honda but I don’t believe the durability is the same. Don’t know anyone on any of the Yamis that has miles like the Hondas do, especially on average.
I think you forgot to mention Kawasaki there bud 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
There is a guy up in Custer, SD that has a bunch on his RMAX. I'm thinking 8,000 or so. But he is the only one i know of. Because Indiana allows road riding up here and only dealer around here is Polaris you see several Rangers and RzR's running around with 10-22,000 road miles with lots of maintenance.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There is a guy up in Custer, SD that has a bunch on his RMAX. I'm thinking 8,000 or so. But he is the only one i know of. Because Indiana allows road riding up here and only dealer around here is Polaris you see several Rangers and RzR's running around with 10-22,000 road miles with lots of maintenance.
I’ve got a local friend that has over 30k on his. About 7-8 of that was tracks which is extremely hard on things. If he is on dirt road it’s because his truck won’t get in/out as he’s 40 miles from anything in the mountains and usually full loaded or pulling trailer or cars or something. Still on original clutches. I’d hate to try that with a belt and inferior engine. We have killed a couple Pioneers because of overlooked factory issues in the early model but to be fair we just killed the Yamaha Wolverine that we thought to be bulletproof, engine and complete belt system. Just flat out wore it out at 4500. Broken Hondas but never wore one out.
Road riders can get some miles but no one I know does that crap. Everyone always goes straight into the sticks making path that no sxs has. Except the local Polaris groups, they like roads, sometimes we pass them with the campers and toy haulers lol.

H

HondaTech

25 years behind everyone?

With a transmission and 4wd system no one else has even thought of?

Belts are 25 years behind.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!