BOX1

P500 Looking at a 2015 P500

F

frankieg

May 11, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Going to check out a used P500, 2015 with just over 200 hours and 800 miles. Has a winch, windhsield and soft cab. I have owned a Honda 4 wheeler for almost 20 years but I am brand new to the side by sides. Any particular suggestions on what I should look for?
Thanks!
Forgot to add, the asking price is $7500. From what I have gathered searching the internet, that seems to be on par.

Last edited:
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st. Welcome from central upstate N.Y
RED was the1st color all other colors followed Honda hopes they sell.
Many good people11 & information on the Honda forum AND they LIKE PICTURES

200 Hours/800Miles barley broke in
Same as 4wheeler only Bigger

Check for Abuse & Neglect
Oil ( full & clean ) if it's Low & not on dip stick RUN AWAY.
Air Filter ( condition ) will give good idea of how well serviced or not
All Boots ( including steering boots )
SKIDS & underneith 1condition ( beat up / Rust /Dents )
Run & warm up ( noise / smoke ) if it has heavy smoke RUN AWAY
Tire Wear
A-Arm & Shock ( attachment points)
Road test
Check Rollcage for damage ( rolled over / bent )
Ever Plowed
Where Stored ( Inside or Outside )

Others will Add more <> just check it over Good <> low use for a 2015

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
look underneath for more than normal skid plate abuse, check brakes and brake lines, remove seats look for caked in mud and pull air filter as well. And the normal check oil and for smoke when starting.

that machine is almost new from miles so buy it and ride the hell out of it.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Going to check out a used P500, 2015 with just over 200 hours and 800 miles. Has a winch, windhsield and soft cab. I have owned a Honda 4 wheeler for almost 20 years but I am brand new to the side by sides. Any particular suggestions on what I should look for?
Thanks!
Forgot to add, the asking price is $7500. From what I have gathered searching the internet, that seems to be on par.
Check the boots to see if they need replaced and also see if it has factory skids and tires, if so it is not a killer deal just a plus. Ask him to show you the air filter, that will speak volumes.

F

frankieg

May 11, 2022
Virginia
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks for all the replies. Checked the machine out and made sure to look at the oil, the air filter, looked underneath for leaks or beat up skid plates. All looked great. The machine was in great shape. He logged every little thing he did to it, pointed out a very minor scratch on the windshield that I had not even noticed. Drove it around. Parked it. BS'ed some more. Drove it again. Paid him, loaded her up and brought her home.
20220512 203250

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for all the replies. Checked the machine out and made sure to look at the oil, the air filter, looked underneath for leaks or beat up skid plates. All looked great. The machine was in great shape. He logged every little thing he did to it, pointed out a very minor scratch on the windshield that I had not even noticed. Drove it around. Parked it. BS'ed some more. Drove it again. Paid him, loaded her up and brought her home. View attachment 334437
Welcome from NE Ga… Let the good times roll!

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
These days that's a good score. I bought the same machine with roughly the same hours and miles years ago for $4500. Crazy times. You'll love it and the yellahs are pissahs!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!