Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looking for someone to help evaluate if several of our accessories will work for a 2022 Pioneer!

So if you were one of the first to own one please contact me.

*Must be able to get pictures of different things and work with me in regards.

*Must own and be able to use a test light or volt meter.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Still looking...
The Deluxe, Forest, and Trail models come with 3 on/off switches pre-wired. (or so I think).
We need to figure out the connectors on them so we can run accessories.
Message me if you are interested!

H

HondaTech

Still looking...
The Deluxe, Forest, and Trail models come with 3 on/off switches pre-wired. (or so I think).
We need to figure out the connectors on them so we can run accessories.
Message me if you are interested!

The switches plug into the main harness under the hood. I belive the fuse box Honda sells plugs into the larger plug directly above the switch plugs.

If need be, I can get some pictures of the switch plugs tomorrow sometime.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The switches plug into the main harness under the hood. I belive the fuse box Honda sells plugs into the larger plug directly above the switch plugs.

If need be, I can get some pictures of the switch plugs tomorrow sometime.
So you think the switches are dead with out the fuse box? Meaning they can not be used?

H

HondaTech

So you think the switches are dead with out the fuse box? Meaning they can not be used?
I havent had a chance to look at the wiring diagram a lot or the instructions for the fuse box.

They are already plugged into the main harness from factory. So they probably have power going in but they are only outputting power to a plug thats taped inside the harness.

I assume the fuse box plugs into that larger plug to allow the switches to power accessories. Let me do some digging on things.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I havent had a chance to look at the wiring diagram a lot or the instructions for the fuse box.

They are already plugged into the main harness from factory. So they probably have power going in but they are only outputting power to a plug thats taped inside the harness.

I assume the fuse box plugs into that larger plug to allow the switches to power accessories. Let me do some digging on things.
Most likely switches are relay controls for the addon fuse box.
Any documents you can find, please, if you can get them to me.

Uhhh...
Tie'ing into the main harness is going force people to buy the $300 box.

H

HondaTech

Most likely switches are relay controls for the addon fuse box.
Any documents you can find, please, if you can get them to me.

Uhhh...
Tie'ing into the main harness is going force people to buy the $300 box.

So the fuse box instructions make no mention of the plug i referred too. The only thing it plugs into is a Acc. trigger wire by thr battery, which i assume is key on power.

Heres the fuse box instructions and a picture of the wiring diagram for th included switches on the machine. This makes it seem like they arent wired into anything? I'll need to take a better look tomorrow on the unit we have on the floor.

20220411 214906
20220411 214854

Attachments

• 0SS26-HL4-A00.pdf
    2.5 KB · Views: 79
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ok...
I have now answered most of my questions.
- The keyed ACC connector, (Blue tape above battery) is a 12v keyed hot. I now have a connector for this.
- The on/off switches are just dead ends. Didn't think they were lighted, but they are so that is good.
- Harness accessory connector is the same. (seat belt override)
- Headlight connector is still the same. But now that its non LED i'm not sure how much left over power is there to use for the high beam trigger and add-a-light bar kit we sell.
- Auto backup alarm port is the same.

Other things.
- Fuel vent has been moved up, not much, but it is above the seat bottom now.
- There is a ACC2 fuse. this is the for the rear CIG socket, similar to the talon x4
- The "factory winch ground" now goes to the battery.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@Hondasxs I'm supposed to get my 22 1000-5 deluxe this week. I have bought the LED lights from Ebay and thinking of trying to fit them in place of the OEM ones. Honda certainly took a step backwards with those

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice...

What I need the most currently is someone who knows how to use a volt meter or even a test light to test the wires at the fan connector.

Need to know if the blue wire is HOT with key-on or engine running. (engine cold/fan not being called).

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
A

albert621

Jul 10, 2015
.....member for 7 years and this is your 1st post?!?!?!?

.....welcome from south Fl!!

Been a Honda owner for years. First SXS was bought in 2010 Honda Big Red. Finally upgraded to a Pioneer.
Pretty silent but love reading and learning from the forum. Oh and laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!