Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
I am working on a little project for my R4. I am planning on installing a factory 2 seat fuel tank under the front passenger seat of the R4.
Thanks to Brian at 1080 Dirtsports for the uses fuel.tank.So here is a list of the parts I am looking for.

Fuel cap
Working or non working fuel pump assy
Locking ring
2 seat passenger floor plastic
So if anyone has any of these parts let me know.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Cool idea, you'll be effectively doubling your range.
thumb.gif

Reactions: ChadD and Blownzuki
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am working on a little project for my R4. I am planning on installing a factory 2 seat fuel tank under the front passenger seat of the R4.
Thanks to Brian at 1080 Dirtsports for the uses fuel.tank.So here is a list of the parts I am looking for.

Fuel cap
Working or non working fuel pump assy
Locking ring
2 seat passenger floor plastic
So if anyone has any of these parts let me know.

May have the lock ring
I'll look tomorrow

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
So i am struggling with making this just a storage cell or adding a electric pump and adding a hose to transfer from front to back or into another machine.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
So i am struggling with making this just a storage cell or adding a electric pump and adding a hose to transfer from front to back or into another machine.
Hmmm - I can just barely run a full tank out in a day. That's ~150 miles on the fairly easy desert terrain I'm usually in. (that's with the OSHA tube removed from the filler neck, giving me an extra 1.4 gallons) It never occurred to me to transfer fuel to someone else. 😒 That's more likely to happen than 'me' needing the extra tank and I always have the 3 gallon RotoPax on the bed extender.

Like any of us, my mileage varies wildly, from 9 mpg in the Rockies, low range all day to 20 mpg cruising the desert in high range all day.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
So i am struggling with making this just a storage cell or adding an electric pump and adding a hose to transfer from front to back or into another machine.
I wonder if you could use a 4 pole two way switch (2 paired hots, no off) to alternate between the two fuel pumps and fuel level sending units plus two check valves in the fuel pressure lines, spliced into the fuel supply to the motor.

Example switch

Example check valve

I’m assuming that the extra tank has a fuel pump already in it and that there isn’t a fuel return line…but I’ve never taken a talon tank apart..

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. 1000 6 Crew

3. Talon X

4. Talon R4 LV
Yea I'm thinking more of for storage that will not take up any needed room. For example the MOM Overland we are going on this week. Last year I needed a couple gallons of fuel to make sure I didn't run the pump dry. I have a transfer pump I use on my 5 gallon fuel cans, it is battery powered and has automatic shutoff. This would be easy to pack in and be easy to use when needed.
Screenshot 20240922 122020 Amazon Shopping

advertisement