Looking for a good place to ride with lots of scenery

deanemma

deanemma

Oct 7, 2018
Sunrise Beach, Missouri
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
The wife and I are looking for a good place to do some scenic riding this spring. We are in central Missouri and it looks like southern Missouri and Arkansas offer several options. We are in our mid 70's so not looking for vertical climbs and rock climbing. We really want to go out and enjoy the scenery. Maybe a lunch on the trails.

We have a Pioneer 1000 EPS and a Pioneer 500. Not sure if we need to take both. My wife prefers riding in the P3 but driving the 500. I suspect I will be driving 99% of the time.

Any suggestions on a location for a leisurely outback ride location would be very appreciated.

Schmeg

Schmeg

Jan 9, 2020
Bangor Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if your into camping and how far you want to travel, but this area is flat out awesome for scenery. You can ride right ffrom the campground. If your not into camping, there are many hotel options closer to the town of West Yellowstone.

Reactions: Husker1 and JACKAL
TR1

TR1

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2016
Hot Springs, AR
Ownership

1. 500
The wife and I are looking for a good place to do some scenic riding this spring. We are in central Missouri and it looks like southern Missouri and Arkansas offer several options. We are in our mid 70's so not looking for vertical climbs and rock climbing. We really want to go out and enjoy the scenery. Maybe a lunch on the trails.

We have a Pioneer 1000 EPS and a Pioneer 500. Not sure if we need to take both. My wife prefers riding in the P3 but driving the 500. I suspect I will be driving 99% of the time.

Any suggestions on a location for a leisurely outback ride location would be very appreciated.
If Hot Springs Arkansas isn't too far for you I think you'd like riding here. Lots of good scenery. We ride in the mountains and around the Ouachita river. I also have private guest quarters. Come down some time for the weekend.

deanemma

deanemma

Oct 7, 2018
Sunrise Beach, Missouri
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
Thanks for the reply TR1. Hot Springs is within our reach for sure. Probably won't be going out until it is a little warmer. Thinking late March early April. Can I get more info on your set up?

Reactions: Russ989
hoghead76

hoghead76

Feb 7, 2018
oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Come join us at Wolf Pen Gap march 26 thru 29

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
East TN 300,000 acres of scenic Smokey mountain trails

South Central Utah 3 million acres of scenic rocky mountain and high desert trails

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wrote these out previously and based the timing on travel from Joplin to give an idea of travel time.

Buckhorn
  • Little over 2hours from Joplin - by Devils den -
  • Great trail system, generally rocky trails, only trail system growing in area
  • $3 a day to ride
  • join their Buckhorn OHV page on FB for lots of information and to download a map
Mulberry/Millcreek
  • about 2.5 hours from Joplin -
  • Trail system
  • $3 a day to ride
Rush Springs Ranch
  • About an hour from Joplin
  • Bunch of short trails that all connect. Ranch is set up that you really don't need a map as they all dump out into a similar area
  • Lots of challenge areas and trails - guaranteed to have something you cant do no matter what you bring
  • Can catch and release in the ponds there - literally gives my kid the wrong impression of fishing because it is so easy
  • $30 a day (rates have been changing so not sure)
Disney OHV park
  • A little over an hour from Joplin
  • Lots of trails and challenge areas - part of park is set up below dam with that area providing a rock garden so to speak area
  • $5 to park at Hogans Off road park
  • Plenty of challenge areas
SMORR
  • About 2 hours from Joplin
  • Great park - clean, well marked trails and family friendly. Trails there from cruising around to nope I am not going to do that.
  • Most of the trails are really short
Buffalo Wilderness Ranch this place matches up well with what you are looking for
  • located near Kinston, AR
    Scenic trail system with wildlife
  • family friendly
  • a little costly

L

LeeB

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
NM
Ownership

1. 500
If Hot Springs Arkansas isn't too far for you I think you'd like riding here. Lots of good scenery. We ride in the mountains and around the Ouachita river. I also have private guest quarters. Come down some time for the weekend.

Hi TR1.....I come to Hot Springs every year....have a condo on Lake Hamilton....and a P500....only place I know of to ride is the HS ORV Park just NE of town off the bypass...near Magic Springs......where elsewhere is there to ride nearby??? Thanks a million....Lee Roy

H

Husker1

Oct 24, 2017
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 500
My brother and his friends ride the fire roads in and around the black hills area. There are also snowmobile trails just look up hi for the markers . There are a lot of miles there .

P

PlaneDr

Jan 11, 2020
Ms
Ownership

1. 700-2

I’m not sure how far it would be for you but my wife and I enjoyed riding the trails at Fairfield Bay Arkansas. They have 90 miles of trails to explore. You can view the trails online and the folks in the area are very nice! Including a photo of our lunch stop.
CAA36AEC F94F 46B1 A9AC E18EB359B4B0

TR1

TR1

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2016
Hot Springs, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Hi TR1.....I come to Hot Springs every year....have a condo on Lake Hamilton....and a P500....only place I know of to ride is the HS ORV Park just NE of town off the bypass...near Magic Springs......where elsewhere is there to ride nearby??? Thanks a million....Lee Roy
I have a place on the Ouachita River about an hour West of Hot Springs. That's where i usually ride. Lot of places around there. Next time you are planning a trip to HS let me know via this forum. Take care.

raycox4385

raycox4385

Jul 28, 2019
Ownership

1. 700-2
You can't go wrong with Mena even if the trails are not open

TR1

TR1

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2016
Hot Springs, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the reply TR1. Hot Springs is within our reach for sure. Probably won't be going out until it is a little warmer. Thinking late March early April. Can I get more info on your set up?
Sorry for the slow response but I have been out of town for a week I live in Hot Springs and my cabin is in Montgomery co (next county West of Hot Springs. It is an hour away. My cabin is only a one bedroom place but I have a detached 12 by 20 guest quarters also. It is like a motel room, It consists of a bed, bath, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Heated and cooled. If you want to give me your email address I can send you some pics.
Take care

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!