farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes any Honda dealer should have access.

If you don't mind me asking what dealer do you deal with? We're in Northen Cincinnati.

Your just down the road from Me,, We are in Eaton / Brookville Ohio area , work in Dayton, My Dealer which I like very much and their mech. Chad is Very good, Honda of Rarden Oh. Very small town on 73 east of Peebles, Thanks

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes any Honda dealer should have access.

If you don't mind me asking what dealer do you deal with? We're in Northen Cincinnati.

You - All would be much closer for me , I just always went down there because I never had anyone else around here I knew to trust to work on my Honda,,,,,

T

T-roy

Feb 9, 2019
Greencastle, Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello. I'm new to the Pioneers but not really to Honda atvs. Currently I have an 05 Polaris Ranger 500 (free) that I would like to sell and get something different. Main use will be riding on the family land, going to the dam and hopefully my wife, 2yo son and I will be riding around the state. For now I'm only interested in the base model 3 seater due to cost, the turf/2wd/4wd/4wd diff lock, and to me it just looks a little better than the fancy model. Now to brass tacks. How well are they holding up? I've read here and there of trans/clutch issues mainly in the clutch pack no 1. I know its from slow driving, or pulling in high. I also saw a picture of a blown up motor. I know the internet makes a minor problem a huge thing really quick so I'm curious to know how they're doing from real world owners. Thanks.

T

T-roy

Feb 9, 2019
Greencastle, Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2018 P1k5 1575miles. I torture mine. High water, rocky creek, mud, sand, high speed, crawling, heavy loading, full sends etc...
problems, short shaft axles boots leaking, bent front lower control arms, rattling bed.
Solutions, the boots were warranted, the control arms I straightened back up with a port-a-power, fabricated lower control arm guards out of 1/4” steel and welded plated up under the triangle, the rattles can be corrected with adjustments! I love it! Strong, durable machine! Could use thicker metal in the front bumper.

Reactions: elkguide
B

Bayless

May 20, 2019
Lodi, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello. I'm new to the Pioneers but not really to Honda atvs. Currently I have an 05 Polaris Ranger 500 (free) that I would like to sell and get something different. Main use will be riding on the family land, going to the dam and hopefully my wife, 2yo son and I will be riding around the state. For now I'm only interested in the base model 3 seater due to cost, the turf/2wd/4wd/4wd diff lock, and to me it just looks a little better than the fancy model. Now to brass tacks. How well are they holding up? I've read here and there of trans/clutch issues mainly in the clutch pack no 1. I know its from slow driving, or pulling in high. I also saw a picture of a blown up motor. I know the internet makes a minor problem a huge thing really quick so I'm curious to know how they're doing from real world owners. Thanks.

B

Bayless

May 20, 2019
Lodi, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Whine, engine/trans/sub trans?;
I have had a 2016 1000-3 ps model for two years. it is used for my ranch here in CA. Only have three problems , but, only 100 hours.
Biggest problem/complaint is the whine. It is horrid. I cant change irrigation at night without feeling guilty that I will wake my good neighbors.
Problem 2: has an anti freeze odor indicating a leak somewhere. Not big, the overflow is ok, but...
Problem 3: when changing from reverse to forward, (I use turf mode), a loud clunk is heard and felt just after moving. it is in the rear.
Problems 2 and 3 are probably tightening and adjustments I can make. I did buy the service manual when I bought the machine, and am also a fairly good mechanic.
But the whine... I need to know if anyone has had any luck reducing it. Due to low hours, I am just changing the oil and filter and will adjust the sub trans cables today.
I hear you can move up to 10-40 oil, so I will try that too. Any advice or results from anyone that can help that whine?

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Change the oil AND re-learn the transmission. Made a world of difference on mine. Also, put 1/4 inch firewall sound deadener (self- stick) on every panel at the rear of the engine. Cover every one, especially the air cleaner) and make it so you can still access screws and take each panel off separately. This was THE BEST mod I have done, and by far the cheapest ($25 on eBay). When you put the sound proofing on, listen to the noise at idle in your garage first. Then apply deadener. You won't believe the difference. From a whine to "is it running?".

Reactions: JTW
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!