Looking for recommendations on UP riding

Rbol121

Rbol121

Mar 3, 2018
Livonia, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey All. Trying to plan a trip for first week of August to the U.P. for the wife and I's anniversary. was looking at the trail that runs from Manistique up toward Munising. Was contemplating dropping in Manistique and back packing it for a few days around U.P. I'm familiar with the Curtis, Blaney Park, Seney area and know there are numerous forest roads to get around too. ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated. @trigger @Remington @906UP @aprils_fool @tr005 @PistonHonda

aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We haven't done any riding over west of Curtis yet. But I'll talk with a buddy who was just in Munising riding and get some info for ya.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
We rode out of the Wetmore area several years ago, had a great time. I'll see if I can find the name of the cabins we stayed in.....stand by...

Reactions: aprils_fool
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
We rode out of the Wetmore area several years ago, had a great time. I'll see if I can find the name of the cabins we stayed in.....stand by...

This is the place we stayed but that was in 2007-08....ish, I'm not sure it's still open.
Knotty Pines Resort
E9215 Powell Lake Road
Wetmore, MI 49895
Phone: (906) 387-4538

Another suggestion for this area would be the Buckhorn Resort, I've never stayed there but have heard good things from fellow snowmobilers, it's in the same area as Knotty Pines. Buckhorn Resort - Munising, Michigan

T

TrevorH

Jun 6, 2017
Kalamazoo, Mi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey All. Trying to plan a trip for first week of August to the U.P. for the wife and I's anniversary. was looking at the trail that runs from Manistique up toward Munising. Was contemplating dropping in Manistique and back packing it for a few days around U.P. I'm familiar with the Curtis, Blaney Park, Seney area and know there are numerous forest roads to get around too. ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated. @trigger @Remington @906UP @aprils_fool @tr005 @PistonHonda

Hello, If you end up riding NorthEast of that area you can ride up to Crisp Light house, through the burn area to the Two Hearted, you can also ride to the back side Tahquamenon Falls and see the falls from the other side. There is also a firetower you can ride up to a litte East of there.

Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There’s also a trail head in Escanaba. I could find the name of the Hotel if you need it. You can ride from Escanaba, powers, cedar River, or all the way to Felch or the Knotty Pine in Hardwood. All pretty good rides with minimum road riding!

Our dream trip would be to travel to the Kewanaw or Copper Harbor! Days of riding up there!

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!