Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The Throttle Max just completely didn’t work for me. No difference in leg pain at all even on short rides. Today I installed The AJK foot rest for a Talon (I have a 2022 1000-5 Forest) and that did the trick. It’s very comfortable. Honda Talon Foot Rest - AJK OffRoad
Thanks for the link.
thays interesting To say the least. what do u do, just rest your heal on that?

Reactions: Plowboy1466
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Throttle Max just completely didn’t work for me. No difference in leg pain at all even on short rides. Today I installed The AJK foot rest for a Talon (I have a 2022 1000-5 Forest) and that did the trick. It’s very comfortable. Honda Talon Foot Rest - AJK OffRoad

@Dirter, curious, my inseam is 32". Well, at least that's the size pants I wear. I'm 6'-0" (lost a couple of inches over the years). The TM works well for me. Reason I ask is I need all the leg room I can get in the Pioneer, so I don't think the plank idea would work for me. If you don't mind me asking, what's your inseam size?

D

Dirter

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
36. And no problem to ask.

D

Dirter

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the link.
thays interesting To say the least. what do u do, just rest your heal on that?
I set it to where the arch of my foot is on it. Most of the time. It’s fairly low and has a flat top so my foot can slide either direction to fit differently. I’ve only gone about 2 miles with it but the natural spot seems to be the arch.

My legs are long enough that basically my knees are bent 90 and my lower leg is straight down. If I don’t want to ride around at full throttle I either pick up my toes as if you were to walk around on your heels, or lift my whole leg. Neither was very comfortable. This is my first Honda and coming from decades of Polaris, it has a lot to like. The gas peddle placement isn’t one of them. In fact it seems like at the very end of the project, right before going to the shop, one of their engineers realized they forgot about a gas peddle so in a panic they just ’just stick it down there somewhere by the brake’.

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of the nice things I've found with the TM, is that the throttle can be modulated with foot flat on the floor and the lower part part of the TM, by adjusting the fore or aft position of the foot. Sort of like cruise control. Being all of 77 years young, I found the original Honda excuse for a throttle to border on torture after anything beyond 15 minutes. The TM may not be perfect, but it's quite good.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
TM makes it way easier for me when wearing rubber boots. I am 6'3" +

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!