P1000 Looking For Tires that will fit deluxe rims

T

Tyx2

Aug 8, 2017
Edmonton Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey Guys new to the group.

I'm looking for ideas here I'm looking for tires that will fit on the deluxe rims. I do light trail riding pavement and a bit of sand. Like the idea of light truck tires but not sure I will find anything that will fit these rims. Any suggestions? Also can you put a wider tire on the front rim?

Thanks In Advance!!

J

JTW

28x10x14

IMG 4904

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I run the same size all the way around and have no lift or suspension work. 28x10's
But you asked originally "I do light trail riding pavement and a bit of sand", then you talk about the bighorns. The bighorns are not the best for anything in my opinion and a lot of others who have run them. If you want to run mud and rocks and have a tough tire... go to the ITP Evos, they won't let you down. If you want to run what you originally said.... Contact @Tigermark and ask him what he has on his rig. They are tough, work well in most situations.

Reactions: Tigermark and Tyx2
J

JTW

You would run these on all four corners? Also I believe that is the Tusk Terrabyte tire ? Do you know how these compare to the Bighorns in a bit of mud Bighorns have far from impressed me.
Yep.. a
You would run these on all four corners? Also I believe that is the Tusk Terrabyte tire ? Do you know how these compare to the Bighorns in a bit of mud Bighorns have far from impressed me.
Yup.. run on all four... that's what I'm going to do with these exact tires. I'm not sure what your issue with the bighorns are. Other than flats they'll take you most anywhere the rest will. They're more of a jack of all trades master of none. But a very good all around tire. The terrabites seem to be a very good tire too... you don't get a mud tire and a pavement tire. Choose!

T

Tyx2

Aug 8, 2017
Edmonton Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep.. a

Yup.. run on all four... that's what I'm going to do with these exact tires. I'm not sure what your issue with the bighorns are. Other than flats they'll take you most anywhere the rest will. They're more of a jack of all trades master of none. But a very good all around tire. The terrabites seem to be a very good tire too... you don't get a mud tire and a pavement tire. Choose!
Agreed I was just curious about the mud it's not my decider thought it was worth a ask. We have all been down a trail that goes from perfect to poop soup in a matter of minutes. Bighorn tend to not do much in the mud either. The bighorn would get me to the really stuck point might be better to be stuck sooner and let the winch do its thing if I find myself in that situation.

Reactions: MNnice and JTW
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I am still running my stock Big Horns and since I put liquid tube in my tires I have not had a flat and have no complaints about them,since I have not had any other tires to compare them to I don't know what I am missing, I am curious what everyone's beef is with them? Noise? Mud? Rock climbing?

Buckrocker

Buckrocker

Jan 5, 2016
Rock, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My only complaint has been noise. I guess I have been lucky,,,,,no flats. Wow I just jinxed myself. Better take tire repair items for my next ride.

elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yep.. a

I am running them on my buggy now and love them. I'll know a little better how they work in the dirt at Windrock in a couple of weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been trying to get my hands on a set of carnivores for 3 month now with no luck....im seriously considering a set of these...
Tusk Warthogs
23284782474 887cb72341

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 51442 View attachment 51443

Another one for consideration. Heavy but bomb proof! Running for a year now with no problem. Louder than most on pavement.

They are a damn good tire. I've had to patch them three times! Just imagine how many times I would've had to patch them if I was running a lesser tire?

I keep looking at other tires but I still haven't been able to go away from the Roctanes

T

Tyx2

Aug 8, 2017
Edmonton Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed I was just curious about the mud it's not my decider thought it was worth a ask. We have all been down a trail that goes from perfect to poop soup in a matter of minutes. Bighorn tend to not do much in the mud either. The bighorn would get me to the really stuck point might be better to be stuck sooner and let the winch do its thing if I find myself in that situation.
I find the Bighorns the way the pioneer is set
I am still running my stock Big Horns and since I put liquid tube in my tires I have not had a flat and have no complaints about them,since I have not had any other tires to compare them to I don't know what I am missing, I am curious what everyone's beef is with them? Noise? Mud? Rock climbing?
The tires are loud they are nothing great in the mud. I have a chunk missing from one sidewall and I do nothing crazy and after 800km the wear is terrible. They will work as spares for my Gator as well.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like mine, with almost 2,000 miles on them only one tire is showing alignment wear. They sound like a damn cropduster on the road though.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why the warthogs over the terabytes ? Or rather what do you like about the warthogs?
The lugs are spread out more for better traction in soft or wet conditions...has a flatter face profile that I like. The terabyte seems to be a good tire I just don't like the looks of it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!