Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The lugs are spread out more for better traction in soft or wet conditions...has a flatter face profile that I like. The terabyte seems to be a good tire I just don't like the looks of it.
I like the looks of the warthog but the terabyte is probably more suited for our trails here - I am not in market for any tires but always looking for later :)

Reactions: GlockMeister
J

JTW

The lugs are spread out more for better traction in soft or wet conditions...has a flatter face profile that I like. The terabyte seems to be a good tire I just don't like the looks of it.
Yup... I'm about to order some and I still don't love the look of them!

Reactions: Ragnar406
J

JTW

The terra or warthog
Terrabites... I've gone over all of them 100 times. I'm just not going to give $200 a damn tire for a freaking sxs. That's more than 20's for my truck!!!!

I need something that can handle pavement and tough trails.. I don't care about seeing how deep of mud I can go thru. The bighorns are fine for 95% of my kind of riding... but they're a little loud and I hate the 4ply stockers. I gotta do something before the September ride.. with the exception of the looks department.. the terrabites seem to be what I'm looking for.

K

KLMCC

Aug 11, 2017
LV, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I run the same size all the way around and have no lift or suspension work. 28x10's
But you asked originally "I do light trail riding pavement and a bit of sand", then you talk about the bighorns. The bighorns are not the best for anything in my opinion and a lot of others who have run them. If you want to run mud and rocks and have a tough tire... go to the ITP Evos, they won't let you down. If you want to run what you originally said.... Contact @Tigermark and ask him what he has on his rig. They are tough, work well in most situations.
Just to clarify, you run the 28x10 r14 tire on both the front rims (9 inch wide) and the back rims ( 11 inch wide) without any problems? The tire guy at discount told me that the 28x10 r14 wouldn't work on the fronts. Looking at the Kanati Mongrel tires (10 ply). Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ch33br0h
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been running the Bighorns and would probably go with the Evo's as drfubar mentioned... I've got over 800 miles on these stock tires and they look like I can get that much out of them again. Wondering how good the Evo's will wear on gravel and pavement. Seems like that is where I put on the most miles.

Reactions: JTW
T

Tyx2

Aug 8, 2017
Edmonton Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I have a opportunity to get a really good price on EFX tires now I'm looking at the MotoVader or the motohammer. No real world reviews that I can find on the MotoVaders anyone out there running them ? Also any thoughts on either or ?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So I have a opportunity to get a really good price on EFX tires now I'm looking at the MotoVader or the motohammer. No real world reviews that I can find on the MotoVaders anyone out there running them ? Also any thoughts on either or ?
Don't know anything about the MotoVaders, But I'm running the Moto Hammers had them out twice, we have lots of rocks and they work well.

Reactions: Tyx2
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Don't know anything about the MotoVaders, But I'm running the Moto Hammers had them out twice, we have lots of rocks and they work well.
Look like the Motovaders have more of a square edge, but the picture I saw was unmounted, don't think you could go wrong unless your a mudder.

Reactions: Tyx2
T

Tyx2

Aug 8, 2017
Edmonton Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been trying to get my hands on a set of carnivores for 3 month now with no luck....im seriously considering a set of these...
Tusk Warthogs
View attachment 51441
Alright guys after a bunch of back and forth and the wife ready to strangle me for talking tires for the last month lol. I ordered the Warthogs from Rocky Mountain (WOW GREAT SERVICE) cost me a litteral s*** tonne to have sent to canada with exchange and all the BS but worked out to the same price as the efx and itp's here when it is all said and done. I appreciate all the feedback you guys gave it was awesome.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Alright guys after a bunch of back and forth and the wife ready to strangle me for talking tires for the last month lol. I ordered the Warthogs from Rocky Mountain (WOW GREAT SERVICE) cost me a litteral s*** tonne to have sent to canada with exchange and all the BS but worked out to the same price as the efx and itp's here when it is all said and done. I appreciate all the feedback you guys gave it was awesome.
Good looking tire, give us some feed back on them and what kind of terrain you ride in

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had my eyes on the Quadboss QBT846 for a good all around tire that leans towards hard packed and should last on pavement too.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071X7LQ7G/_encoding=UTF8?tag=sxsweb24-20

QuadBoss DOT Tires 671x382

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Comeaux

Comeaux

Aug 12, 2017
Eunice,La
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone tried the 27x10x14 sti out back max tires yet. Wondering if they will fit without lifting pioneer

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Has anyone tried the 27x10x14 sti out back max tires yet. Wondering if they will fit without lifting pioneer
I would think so, aren't they the same size as stock. On the front maybe a issue?

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not..but pretty sure you wont have any issues with 27s. Alot on here are running 28s

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!