P1000 Looking @ the Pioneer-5

A

Apbt82

Aug 8, 2016
Kentucky
I am thinking of purchasing a Honda Pioneer-5 1000. Anyone have input on the ride quality? I currently own a 2015 Kawasaki Teryx and it rides rough. The problem is, most dealers only let you drive in the parking lot on smooth pavement. Any input would be greatly appreciated...

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I am thinking of purchasing a Honda Pioneer-5 1000. Anyone have input on the ride quality? I currently own a 2015 Kawasaki Teryx and it rides rough. The problem is, most dealers only let you drive in the parking lot on smooth pavement. Any input would be greatly appreciated...
The ride quality is good but I improved the ride by adding Black Diamond XTR tires.

Reactions: Apbt82
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

I have around 700 miles on mine now and am very happy with it. The ride quality exceeded my expectations for trail use.

I have ridden in a Teryx 4 for about 6 hours both on similar terrain, the Honda P1K5D rides much smoother.

Reactions: Apbt82
A

Apbt82

Aug 8, 2016
Kentucky
Thanks for the quick input everyone!! I will probably wait until the 17 models release, hopefully the heat issue will be addressed by then.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!