Looking to buy 2nd Honda SxS

Cbrunson

Cbrunson

Sep 30, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Hello, I'm Cbrunson

New here from South East Idaho. After owning a RZR 800 for a couple years I decided to sell the overheating rattle trap and bought a p5. I wanted the 50” for restricted trails and chores around the house. I’ve been very impressed with the little guy and now I’m looking to buy a new Talon for a fun buggy.

I’m still debating between the X and the R since the only width restrictions here are for 50” trails. There’s really not a lot of those so full size roads are going to be the focus. We have miles and miles of desert roads where I think the R would shine, as well as the St Anthony sand dunes. Moab is also just a few hours drive south. I think I’m leaning towards the R.

Meanwhile, I’ll do some more reading reviews and checking out the pics and vids.

Here’s my little workhorse.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV
My off-road experience level is: Advanced
My favorite place to ride is: Narly rocks and trails

C3A71F90 DD74 455A A02E 60E6B6998FE9

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
if you're not going to woods ride Get the R and don't look back.

Reactions: Cbrunson
Cbrunson

Cbrunson

Sep 30, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
if you're not going to woods ride Get the R and don't look back.

That’s what I was thinking. Around here if you can fit a 64” through it, you can also drive a truck through it. I Think I would like the longer, wider stance for the dunes.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Welcome. I started with a P500 for trails and now it has been retired to be a workhorse at home and replaced with a Talon 1000X. Love the machine. I think the R is a better value. For roughly $1000 more you get better suspension and better ride. I went with the X because I like a smaller machine and didnt want the tires sticking out as much. Planning to upgrade shock springs soon to correct the ride roughness. I don't think you can go wrong with either machine.

Reactions: Cbrunson

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!