Loping engine idle on start up

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
When I start my pioneer,sometimes the engine will lope ,run fast, slow down speed up etc: before it idles normal.It doesn't do it all the time but often enough to make me take notice of it. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered that with there's. It doesn't matter if it's been sitting for awhile or if it's warm. I've never had it do that on a cold start up just after it's been run etc: It'll straighten itself out within 5-10 sec. so it's not a big thing just wondering if others have the same issue.

helimech

helimech

Feb 11, 2014
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes, mine will do that also, fuel injection crazyness

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. Mine too. Rincon did the same thing. I think it's the IACV finding the right spot.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Add one more to the list. In fact, often times if i let off the key when it 1st "catches", it will die. Gotta give it a few cycles to stay lit. This is usually after changing altitudes dramatically.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
Mine does it when you restart it in gear with your foot on the brake. I think it is some kind of revlimiter.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
spifyd said:
Mine does it when you restart it in gear with your foot on the brake. I think it is some kind of revlimiter.

I tried this a few mins ago, it doesn't run weird on startup unless it's in gear.

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
I ran into the problem last year and someone on the site provided the answer. I don't remember all the details but I remember the solution, when the engine is cold start it in Neutral.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!