BOX1

Loss of Brakes on an Incline

Bingy

Bingy

Oct 7, 2018
Salem, Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a 2017 model and recently I have begun losing my brakes on any incline. I have to pump the brakes to restore pressure. I have checked the brake fluid level and it is topped off. I see no puddles of fluid on the ground. So I'm at a loss where to start looking to begin troubleshooting this problem?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Test the master cylinder.....while stopped. Apply the brakes until you get a firm pedal, let up slightly then press back down, if the pedal goes down then the master cylinder needs replacing.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Most Likely you have air in the system. Not sure how it could have gotten in there unless you opened or serviced the brakes, ran it low on fluid or tipped the machine over. You have not been on your top lately have you? Everyone else’s advice about cleaning the brakes and testing the master cylinder are valid points. Oil does not compress so if you are pumping the brakes to build pressure you are doing one of three things. 1. Moving the pads out to meet the disc, this should only be needed one time unless something is pushing the pads back in. 2. Compressing air that is trapped in the system. 3. The oil is going somewhere it shouldn’t like bypassing the master cylinder as mentioned earlier.

Bingy

Bingy

Oct 7, 2018
Salem, Utah
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the input. I will be following your guys suggestions. I have not tipped the bike over so not sure how air could have gotten into the line. I'll check the calipers and the brake cylinder next.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CID and TripleB
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Thanks for the input. I will be following your guys suggestions. I have not tipped the bike over so not sure how air could have gotten into the line. I'll check the calipers and the brake cylinder next.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Right side up , up side down , brake fluid doesn't know the difference . If it has air in it , the air had to come from some where . Puzzling ...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Do you have a arm guards? Some have been known to hit the caliper and compress the piston in certain situations.

Reactions: GPR1500SC and lee
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!