Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you ever figure out what this was?
Agree with what @slowdryrider mentioned.
BTW the guy u tagged hasnt been no the forum in 6 months.

You dont have any pics of your rig posted (joined in 18’). You Say u have a 16’ with 9k miles? How do we really know 🤷‍♂️ So…Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Hoppy Easter to you also!

Reactions: Smitty335
H

Hondagord

Nov 5, 2018
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you checked the adjustment of the cable. If the shifter lever doesn't sit center in the slotted spots it's going to act up. Read my post just above yours and see if this is a adjustment that you need to do.
There is also a adjustment under the dump box that should be done and checked as well.
Thank you for the suggestion, I did as you wrote before I posted the question and the shift lever aligns perfectly, the low shift seems a little stiff and takes a little extra effort to get into gear especially cold, I am wondering if the cables should be lubed to help it? The adjustment under the dump box is good also, I am thinking that when I am plowing and push into a snow bank the gears are all pushing forward and when I let off throttle the machine rolls back just a tad when I shift into reverse and either the gears are not fully engaged or the rear locker is sticky and causing the bang as it engages fully. It feels like the bang is right in the middle under the seat. The wife and I went on a 100 km (60 mile) ride yesterday on the snow plowed back roads and it ran and drove like a new one even tho it has 24,631km on it. The service wrench came on while we were out so I think I will change diff oils as well this time to see what that shows.
Any other suggestions?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thank you for the suggestion, I did as you wrote before I posted the question and the shift lever aligns perfectly, the low shift seems a little stiff and takes a little extra effort to get into gear especially cold, I am wondering if the cables should be lubed to help it? The adjustment under the dump box is good also, I am thinking that when I am plowing and push into a snow bank the gears are all pushing forward and when I let off throttle the machine rolls back just a tad when I shift into reverse and either the gears are not fully engaged or the rear locker is sticky and causing the bang as it engages fully. It feels like the bang is right in the middle under the seat. The wife and I went on a 100 km (60 mile) ride yesterday on the snow plowed back roads and it ran and drove like a new one even tho it has 24,631km on it. The service wrench came on while we were out so I think I will change diff oils as well this time to see what that shows.
Any other suggestions?
Warm to two bars before using low, works every time for me?

H

Hondagord

Nov 5, 2018
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agree with what @slowdryrider mentioned.
BTW the guy u tagged hasnt been no the forum in 6 months.

You dont have any pics of your rig posted (joined in 18’). You Say u have a 16’ with 9k miles? How do we really know 🤷‍♂️ So…Pics Or It Didnt Happen!
Hoppy Easter to you also!
The miles really add up quick, 24,631 km in less than 8 years. (15,304.9 miles) Have only replaced one set of tires and the plugs and fuel pump because fuel pump and filter are one unit and felt it needed it. The rest is all original. Best machine I have ever seen. 20230409 09094220230409 091015

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The miles really add up quick, 24,631 km in less than 8 years. (15,304.9 miles) Have only replaced one set of tires and the plugs and fuel pump because fuel pump and filter are one unit and felt it needed it. The rest is all original. Best machine I have ever seen.View attachment 382647View attachment 382648
Nice! Thats sweet youve had the luck u have had. My 16’ ive had since new and Im at 4,500 miles. Of corse thats split with an old P5 i had and now Talon in the stable or Id be around 10k fo sho!
Did u do the clutch campaign when it was out? Workd of difference fo sho!

H

Hondagord

Nov 5, 2018
Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice! Thats sweet youve had the luck u have had. My 16’ ive had since new and Im at 4,500 miles. Of corse thats split with an old P5 i had and now Talon in the stable or Id be around 10k fo sho!
Did u do the clutch campaign when it was out? Workd of difference fo sho!
Yes I had all the recalls done including the clutch. I have had no problems with the transmission but took advantage of the recall anyway. The Talon is a very nice machine but not for me as no place for my 2 hunting dogs to ride.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes I had all the recalls done including the clutch. I have had no problems with the transmission but took advantage of the recall anyway. The Talon is a very nice machine but not for me as no place for my 2 hunting dogs to ride.
Your a smart man getting the clutch done. I did the same as you. I must say it shifts smother fo sho!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!