P1000 Loud "Pop!" then wont reach top speed then quits

Tropicalfruitfarm

Tropicalfruitfarm

Nov 2, 2016
Merritt Island
www.islandtropicalfruit.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking for any ideas on what may have happened.
Today I started my Pioneer 2016,1000/3, 350 hours, pulled it out of the garage, waited about 10-15 seconds and stepped on the gas. I heard a loud pop, like a loud backfire, gunshot.

So, I drove it around the yard and took it out on the street to make sure everything is OK. Usually I can get it up to 64 mph, but it would only go to 54 this time. I drove it off the street, put it in park and stepped on the gas. It quit. I started it again, it started, but when I put it in gear, it quit. After a couple of tries, it ran and got it back to the house.

It starts fine, when you get into gear, and try to run it, it sounds like it is choking and won't reach max RPM. The shifting feels different as well. Something is not right.

I didn't see any fluids leaking from underneath and didn't see any obvious problems. However something is wrong.

Looking for ideas.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Water in gas?

Reactions: BWAF
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did they do the intake update under the hood?

Did they leave something to get sucked into the intake? Check the air filter?

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Don't they just show up on the screen?
Not just by number. If you just turn the key to on, any codes the computer is throwing will be a series of flashing dash lines in the gear selector box center of the instrument cluster. Six single flashes and two rapid flashes would be a code 62, just as example....

Reactions: BWAF
Tropicalfruitfarm

Tropicalfruitfarm

Nov 2, 2016
Merritt Island
www.islandtropicalfruit.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, Well, Well......Lookey what we found......
The mechanic asked me if I left the Pioneer parked for a long time with a low level of gas..... "Yes, I did/do. Well if you are going leave set for a long time, make sure it has a full tank of gas........."

Yes, I do use only ethanol free fuel. I am stunned at this fuel assembly design from Honda.

IMG 4850
IMG 4851
IMG 4852

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the reminder. I like to leave all of my gas toys with a full tank.

Empty tanks rust. I also crank them at least monthly. And let it reach full temperature, not just a crank it and kill it. Driving around helps circulate the oil in crankcases and transmissions.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well, Well, Well......Lookey what we found......
The mechanic asked me if I left the Pioneer parked for a long time with a low level of gas..... "Yes, I did/do. Well if you are going leave set for a long time, make sure it has a full tank of gas........."

Yes, I do use only ethanol free fuel. I am stunned at this fuel assembly design from Honda.

View attachment 94298 View attachment 94299 View attachment 94300
WOW!!!!!!! Great info!!!! Thanks for posting.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!