Low gear

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Just had mine replaced at 3k miles. It was making a klinking noise and started slipping on inclines. The tech went ahead and replaced all gears and forks, about 2400$ worth. Warranty covered it all but he said the rep wanted me to know it was a “one time deal”, basically implying user error. Just a reminder for those that might not be aware, the machine must be at a complete stop (not moving) idle low ,and wait until the “L” appears on screen. If anything other than “R , H , L “ appears retry the shift,also no rocking the machine back and forth like people do when stuck in mud,that being said, I am a slow rider and mindful of my machine, not sure if I shifted incorrectly but I will take extreme caution moving forward,

H

HondaTech

Just had mine replaced at 3k miles. It was making a klinking noise and started slipping on inclines. The tech went ahead and replaced all gears and forks, about 2400$ worth. Warranty covered it all but he said the rep wanted me to know it was a “one time deal”, basically implying user error. Just a reminder for those that might not be aware, the machine must be at a complete stop (not moving) idle low ,and wait until the “L” appears on screen. If anything other than “R , H , L “ appears retry the shift,also no rocking the machine back and forth like people do when stuck in mud,that being said, I am a slow rider and mindful of my machine, not sure if I shifted incorrectly but I will take extreme caution moving forward,

Did they put the updated shift star and shaft in?

I'm surprised they got away with replacing it all, it's usually just low and reverse that's damaged.

Reactions: Smitty335
Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Tech said it’s all updated and he also said he has had people bring them back and had to replace bent forks so he replaces them with all rebuilds

Reactions: CID and Smitty335
H

HondaTech

Tech said it’s all updated and he also said he has had people bring them back and had to replace bent forks so he replaces them with all rebuilds

I've never seen a bent fork, they all have some wear marks that make them appear like they might be bent. But after seeing everyone I've taken apart look that way, it appears they just wear that way.

Teebow

Teebow

Nov 21, 2020
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Mine wasn’t bent and had no signs of wear , the tech said they repaired a p1000 and the owner said if wasn’t shifting correctly and they had to break it down again and replace the fork, after that they just started replacing them regardless

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!