Low range

C

chris

Apr 23, 2014
Hi All I have a 2013 Big Red but have trouble getting up our mountain roads as the low gear runs out of steam and I have to resort to reversing up the steep inclines does anyone have a solution for this .

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome to the forum.
Where are your mountains?

A pipe and a hi-flow air filter with a power commander will help...but the lack of a low range is a major handicap for Honda SxS's. And thick oil makes these things doggy, so don't run 20-50 or something like that.

C

chris

Apr 23, 2014
Thanx for that .I am in The southern Drakensberg South Africa ranging from 2000-3000m above sea level .
Where can I get a pipe and filter etc from would have to import from the US I guess as Honda here wont stock anything like that they don't even bring in the sxsides had to import privately .

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
According to my math, 3000m = 9842.5' in elevation. At 9300' my Pioneer won't pull itself through 6" of snow, so i don't know if all of these items will give you enough power to do anything but very casual trails. I hate to say it, but i think you bought thr wrong SxS for your needs.

The double wammy is that the Big Red had very little aftermarket support. I think Big Gun makes an exhaust...but others will chime with help there. A power commander and K & N filter are out there.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!