P1000m5 lowering overall height

G

gluvin

May 21, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In order to park over the winter in a storage shed I have, I would need to lower my pioneer 3-4 inches. I was thinking that a set of turf/road tires with a smaller diameter might be a good solution. Anyone ever tried this? Any recommendations? Any other ideas?

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Your just parking in the shed in the fall and pulling it out in the spring?
Deflate the tires and pull it in.

Getting it out to play or plow with in the winter?
Do something else. (park the wife's car in the drive way and pull the SxS in to the garage).

R

rickoshea

ratchet straps to compress the springs down? i have the same issue.i can't park in my shed if i put on a hard top with my tracks on.i just barely fit with a soft top.hopefully i can do it with my Elkas at the lowest possible setting for ride height.something to consider if $$ is no object 🤣

Reactions: gluvin and Isaiah

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In order to park over the winter in a storage shed I have, I would need to lower my pioneer 3-4 inches. I was thinking that a set of turf/road tires with a smaller diameter might be a good solution. Anyone ever tried this? Any recommendations? Any other ideas?
Bad thing is if you need to lower by 4", you'd have to get 8" smaller diameter tires.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Buy a cheap set of 12" steel takeoff wheels and don't put tires on them. I've seen people with the huge mud machines use a steel disk with holes cut for the lugs to get them into garages/sheds/trailers. Similar to what they do with monster trucks to get them on the semi trailers.

advertisement
G

gluvin

May 21, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Buy a cheap set of 12" steel takeoff wheels and don't put tires on them. I've seen people with the huge mud machines use a steel disk with holes cut for the lugs to get them into garages/sheds/trailers. Similar to what they do with monster trucks to get them on the semi trailers.

View attachment 212400
I have been looking at options like this

Reactions: Adam490
M

morengin

Feb 19, 2018
Stockton, CA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@morengin can I ask you where you got those or how much for you to make another set?
Redone, I have a machine shop and I made the aluminum wheels and had a customer of mine pour the poly (slick) tread on them. I have about $200 in material in all. I don't plan on making another set, but of you are interested, let me know. ([email protected])
Thanks for the interest,
Jim

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If you're going to keep your Pioneer very long I would get a difference storage shed Garage or something else that it will fit in.

Papaandhistoys

Papaandhistoys

Aug 11, 2019
Backwoods of northern Michigan
If you're going to keep your Pioneer very long I would get a difference storage shed Garage or something else that it will fit in.

My thing is, it will fit in shed and garage. I bought a enclosed trailer last year, before I new I was getting a sxs, got the eaxtra hight (6’6” ceiling hight) so once it’s in its ok just a couple of inches to tall to get through the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JenElio
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!