P1000 Lucky Honda's 9th Elk

J

Jerryy

Nov 15, 2016
Freedom, Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had to get ingenious with this one---ran the winch cable under the roof, over the roll bars to the rear to hoist up the front half of the elk.

IMG 4552 Lucky Hondas 9th Elk

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
One of the main reasons I purchased a Honda brand UTV was because of my experience elk hunting with my family in the early 90s. We had a couple relatives with Honda 300 ATVs, prior to the ranchers. Those little workhorses were bulletproof and amazing. We could strap a bull elk on the rear rack with the legs hooked to the front rack. Two people; one to drive and the other to help keep the front end down. I watched time after time going up steep hills in rocky, snowy conditions and it never seemed to have an issue.

When it came time to buy my first UTV, I looked no further than Honda. And even with the smallest UTV they make, it still exceeds my expectations on load carrying and durability.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!