P500 Macca's 500 Hunting Pioneer

Macca

Macca

Jul 19, 2017
New Zealand
Ownership

1. 500
Received delivery of my new 500 yesterday. After having chosen the 500 primarily for hunting in New Zealand. I had the shop put on some extra gear before having it delivered. It is a follows....

2017 Honda Pioneer 500sxs (Duhh)
Genuine Honda rear tip tray.
Trailmaxx Winch 2500lb with Synthetic rope, blue tooth remote/ dash activation.
Trax Equipment Winch mount plate
Trax Equipment Front bars
Trax Equipment side impact front guard bars
Trax Equipment Glass Windscreen
Trax Equipment side splash guards (come off windscreen)
Trax Equipment hard roof
Trax Equipment Wiper
Trax Equipment rear window cover thingy
Trax Equipment Rear hitch receiver
Led light bar double row 13.5"
Light bar tube mounts 1.25"
Osram Led work lights single mount 3" (x3)
Two pointing out back tray, One as an interior light
2x waterproof rocker switches (for the work lights)

Still on there way due next week:

Honda genuine rear bash bar
Black Duck canvas seat covers
Kolpin XL ATV gun mounts.

Pretty sure that's everything for now.

IMG 6496 IMG 6497 IMG 6498 IMG 6500 IMG 6501 IMG 6502 IMG 6503 IMG 6508 IMG 6513 IMG 6516 IMG 6517 IMG 6519 IMG 6521

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
SWEET!!!!!!!!
You're going to love your Honda.

NZ is AMAZING.
I was on the North Island hunting 2 years ago and want to get back there. Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Macca

Macca

Jul 19, 2017
New Zealand
Ownership

1. 500
SWEET!!!!!!!!
You're going to love your Honda.

NZ is AMAZING.
I was on the North Island hunting 2 years ago and want to get back there. Absolutely beautiful!!!!
Thanks mate. I have always used ATV so the sxs is new to me for sure, I'm sure once I'm used to it I'll be fine. Yeah New Zealand does have some amazing hunting country. I'm in North Island also, I mainly hunt in the "Ruahinis" for reds etc, however we do have access to a 8000 acre sheep farm covered in bush and lots of fellow dear. The sxs will be in it element I'm sure.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks mate. I have always used ATV so the sxs is new to me for sure, I'm sure once I'm used to it I'll be fine. Yeah New Zealand does have some amazing hunting country. I'm in North Island also, I mainly hunt in the "Ruahinis" for reds etc, however we do have access to a 8000 acre sheep farm covered in bush and lots of fellow dear. The sxs will be in it element I'm sure.

You SXS should really be helpful for you. Great "TOOL!"

Living in Vermont here in the USofA, which is very green and filled with lots of hills/mountains, the way that I describe NZ to my friends is that NZ is like Vermont on steroids!!!!!

I hunted Reds down in the Rotorua area and hunted Fallow up in the north near Helensville, along with turkeys, wild goats and tried to shoot fish in the creeks even.
AMAZING.

Macca

Macca

Jul 19, 2017
New Zealand
Ownership

1. 500
You SXS should really be helpful for you. Great "TOOL!"

Living in Vermont here in the USofA, which is very green and filled with lots of hills/mountains, the way that I describe NZ to my friends is that NZ is like Vermont on steroids!!!!!

I hunted Reds down in the Rotorua area and hunted Fallow up in the north near Helensville, along with turkeys, wild goats and tried to shoot fish in the creeks even.
AMAZING.
There's plenty to hunt here alright, basically everything is introduced so it's fair game all year round. Can't wait to "blood" it in.

Macca

Macca

Jul 19, 2017
New Zealand
Ownership

1. 500
Installed the rubber protector for the fairlead this morning. Also mounted the Kolpin XL gun mounts. Sits nicely above your head with out banging into anything, suppressor when fitted may stick out the side a fraction but not bothered, gun mounts upside down as not to bang into the interior light that has been installed.

IMG 6535 IMG 6536 IMG 6537 IMG 6538 IMG 6540 IMG 6541 IMG 6542

Tincup

Tincup

May 23, 2017
Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Received delivery of my new 500 yesterday. After having chosen the 500 primarily for hunting in New Zealand. I had the shop put on some extra gear before having it delivered. It is a follows....

2017 Honda Pioneer 500sxs (Duhh)
Genuine Honda rear tip tray.
Trailmaxx Winch 2500lb with Synthetic rope, blue tooth remote/ dash activation.
Trax Equipment Winch mount plate
Trax Equipment Front bars
Trax Equipment side impact front guard bars
Trax Equipment Glass Windscreen
Trax Equipment side splash guards (come off windscreen)
Trax Equipment hard roof
Trax Equipment Wiper
Trax Equipment rear window cover thingy
Trap Equipment Rear hitch receiver
Led light bar double row 13.5"
Light bar tube mounts 1.25"
Osram Led work lights single mount 3" (x3)
Two pointing out back tray, One as an interior light
2x waterproof rocker switches (for the work lights)

Still on there way due next week:

Honda genuine rear bash bar
Black Duck canvas seat covers
Kolpin XL ATV gun mounts.

Pretty sure that's everything for now.

View attachment 49576 View attachment 49577 View attachment 49579 View attachment 49580 View attachment 49581 View attachment 49582 View attachment 49583 View attachment 49584 View attachment 49585 View attachment 49586 View attachment 49587 View attachment 49588 View attachment 49589
where did you get the tip tray? Is it off of a P700?

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
wish we could get those tip beds in the states. Love the hunting rig looks great. I need to take a picture of mine now that I have the gun rack in it.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
Can we get a picture of that tip tray from the side?

Macca

Macca

Jul 19, 2017
New Zealand
Ownership

1. 500
wish we could get those tip beds in the states. Love the hunting rig looks great. I need to take a picture of mine now that I have the gun rack in it.
Would be cool to see your setup. I'm sure your honda could source them? if freight wasn't so bad i could send one over :)

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I want one. Wonder what shipping would be from New Zealand? I looked on Honda new Zealand and see you get one with a new one but did not see a price for it under accessories.

Macca

Macca

Jul 19, 2017
New Zealand
Ownership

1. 500
Ill make some enquiries on a retail price etc. surly honda nz could send a load over to the states. Would be good customer service if they did.
I want one. Wonder what shipping would be from New Zealand? I looked on Honda new Zealand and see you get one with a new one but did not see a price for it under accessories.
make so

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!