Rocket

Rocket

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i'm wanting to plan a trip to Mack Pines this spring,,, I'm about 8 hours from here............ is it better than Mena>> ????

Reactions: Tramguage1
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i'm wanting to plan a trip to Mack Pines this spring,,, I'm about 8 hours from here............ is it better than Mena>> ????

What are you referring to as mena area? Wolf pen gap? If so I haven’t been there so I can’t confirm or deny. I know Mack’s is a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mena/Wolf Pen is a whole different ball game than Mack Pines. I’m assuming you’ve been to WP, there’s many more miles of trails, and the map is very detailed with difficulty levels clearly noted. IMO MP is a prettier place to ride, less dusty with more water features. Pick a date for either one of them, I’d be happy to join as I’m sure several others in the area would.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
wolf pen is very detailed and can be dusty at times. very fun place to ride. been there several years ago with my 4 wheeler. looks like we will be going to mulberry mountain for spring break march 16-18. and try the pioneer out in the mountains. then wolf pen likely 4th of July weekend with the hopes we can get a motel to get out of the heat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Mena/Wolf Pen is a whole different ball game than Mack Pines. I’m assuming you’ve been to WP, there’s many more miles of trails, and the map is very detailed with difficulty levels clearly noted. IMO MP is a prettier place to ride, less dusty with more water features. Pick a date for either one of them, I’d be happy to join as I’m sure several others in the area would.
Day trip or week end event, I'm in either way.

Reactions: Montecresto
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015

sounds good

Rocket

Rocket

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2018
Bullard, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Thanks! So MP isn’t as big an area to ride as WP?
I like the prettier and LESS DUST!
I’ve got three other guys I have to convince to make the pull (their schedules are less flexible than mine). But I will for sure let you know when we are coming! It’s always better to have locals show us the ropes...

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got three other guys I have to convince to make the pull (their schedules are less flexible than mine). But I will for sure let you know when we are coming! It’s always better to have locals show us the ropes...

The organized side of Mack’s pines that is mapped is probably a full day of fast riding on a sport sxs. The other side of the road is unmapped and huge. No idea how big it is.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
The other side of the road is unmapped and huge. No idea how big it is.
Lol, you’re right, and before all the things these smart phones could do, one could easily get lost on that side. I was comparing the two mapped sections of MP/WP

Reactions: nbomar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Indeed, please do.

Reactions: Rocket
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hows Memorial weekend up there?? too crowded??

Never been. I would bet everywhere will be packed memorial weekend. Might be hard to get a reservation. Better call before you plan that.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hows Memorial weekend up there?? too crowded??
What @nbomar said. Just call and make a reservation and let us know.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What @nbomar said. Just call and make a reservation and let us know.

@Rocket I would ask when you are making your reservation how many more spots they have available so you don’t get the last one and none of us can get in! Haha

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
isn't there a trail connecting mossican gap and mill creek. last time i did riding with a forum group they were talking about that. it's like 100 mile ride or something like that. been at least 5 or more years since I went on a group ride.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
isn't there a trail connecting mossican gap and mill creek. last time i did riding with a forum group they were talking about that. it's like 100 mile ride or something like that. been at least 5 or more years since I went on a group ride.

Hadn’t heard of that myself but sounds cool if it exists.

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

My buddy Eddie grew up out there and said basically all these places are “connected” sometimes you might have to cross a road or something but he said they rode everywhere out there. It’s just a matter of knowledge by where to go.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!