mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not yet, but come late July I hope to be able to answer that in the affirmative, and now that I’ve had a peek at rural land for sale around there, I may walk some of it. I don’t do the stock market but enjoy investing in property! :cool: I own 6 pieces in three states. May as well be seven in four. :D

Never been to Elk City? Man... you're in for a treat! LOL!!

It's a hoppin' place! Well..... the bars are anyway. :) Last time I checked, there were 4 bars.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A rural and isolated location is what I thought you were seeking.
I do but if I spend all my cash on property and moving, I'll still need to be close to making some sort of living until the SHTF.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

It's a hoppin' place! Well..... the bars are anyway. :) Last time I checked, there were 4 bars.
Thought you knew that. I go to places like Elk City Idaho, Cripple Creek Colorado or Taos New Mexico, not Boise, Dallas or Chicago.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I do but if I spend all my cash on property and moving, I'll still need to be close to making some sort of living until the SHTF.
Aye carumba!!!! That may be a tall order. Good luck in that endeavor. May be a difficult find but I’m sure it’s out there. :cool:

Reactions: 100Acre
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I

In a population of 202.
Wow, I didn’t expect that there would be that many. All I’m going to be after at the midway point of this ride is fuel, a bed with a shower and a bar, and from what I can tell, EC offers it all. :):cool:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Bhahahaha! When we headed down to that place? We’d be ballers in the bars!

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thought you knew that. I go to places like Elk City Idaho, Cripple Creek Colorado or Taos New Mexico, not Boise, Dallas or Chicago.
elk city and Taos are seriously waaaaaaay different. in Taos you'll see happy libs everywhere. but I wouldn't feel all that comfy riding into elk city with any bumper stickers proclaiming that side of preference. be a good day for a lynching for any bernie/hitlery supporters that show up by mistake. my shift key is stuck so capital letters ain't happening right now.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
elk city and Taos are seriously waaaaaaay different. in Taos you'll see happy libs everywhere. but I wouldn't feel all that comfy riding into elk city with any bumper stickers proclaiming that side of preference. be a good day for a lynching for any bernie/hitlery supporters that show up by mistake. my shift key is stuck so capital letters ain't happening right now.
Lol it’s still Idaho! Love that state

Reactions: 100Acre
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol, politics leads me to no quaint villages in America.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some other amazing areas worth checking out in Idaho's backcountry are Yellowpine, Warren mining community, Elk river, Dixie near Red River Hot Springs and Elk city, Secesh-mining community, Burgdorf hot springs- both above McCall, Lowman in the south close to Boise, Stibnite and Landmark are more of a crossroads...Headquarters- way up past BFE, which is more of a forest service depot and barracks. lots of other stuff in the south that I'm honestly not all that familiar with like, silver city ??? I've been all over southeastern, central and north Idaho. Not so much in the SW. Although I hear there are some interesting places to ride down there.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honestly I've seen some nice retreat properties for sale in Elk City. Considering the area though, many were priced out of reach. At least for me anyway.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Honestly I've seen some nice retreat properties for sale in Elk City. Considering the area though, many were priced out of reach. At least for me anyway.
I posted one within your budget, CP did too though I’m not sure if any of his were in that area.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Some other amazing areas worth checking out in Idaho's backcountry are Yellowpine, Warren mining community, Elk river, Dixie near Red River Hot Springs and Elk city, Secesh-mining community, Burgdorf hot springs- both above McCall, Lowman in the south close to Boise, Stibnite and Landmark are more of a crossroads...Headquarters- way up past BFE, which is more of a forest service depot and barracks. lots of other stuff in the south that I'm honestly not all that familiar with like, silver city ??? I've been all over southeastern, central and north Idaho. Not so much in the SW. Although I hear there are some interesting places to ride down there.
Sounds good. After I do the MC via SXS, I will then begin planning a subsequent ride on the Lolo Motorway, the UTV Trail that parallels Hwy 12, constructed in the 1930’s by the CCC, upon the original footprint of the historic Nez Perce trail leading them to the Montana buffalo plains and followed by Lewis and Clark on their overland route to navigate the continental divide. That looks very cool to me!!!

Reactions: Mudwing
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T
Sounds good. After I do the MC via SXS, I will then begin planning a subsequent ride on the Lolo Motorway, the UTV Trail that parallels Hwy 12, constructed in the 1930’s by the CCC, upon the original footprint of the historic Nez Perce trail leading them to the Montana buffalo plains and followed by Lewis and Clark on their overland route to navigate the continental divide. That looks very cool to me!!!
That's also part of the IDBDR. Also a trail I haven't ridden! That part anyway. I might be game to do that as well. All depends on if I can GTFO of NC and actually move to Idahome...
Idaho Backcountry Discovery Route (IDBDR)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Reactions: CumminsPusher
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Ah hell no! You'll receive no warm welcome showin' up there with a Bernie sticker on your car! (and why would you be?)

I dunno who "Earth first" folks are... but there is a sign at the store/gas station that clearly states they are not at ALL welcome there. LOL!!

Reactions: 100Acre and Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!