P500 Making your own rear bumper

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
So I have been thinking about making my own rear bumper out of some “C” channel steel. I’m not sure how the Honda rear bumper attaches to the machine as the install directions are not posted up here on the forum. I figure a piece of 46-48” C channel would be somewhat heavy so the attachment points need to be solid. Any ideas as to where Honda attaches their rear bumper?? I’m not 100% gonna use a piece of C channel but I thought if I did I could put some cube LED lights in it.

C

Chooglin

I made my own and mounted it just like the OEM Honda bumper.

Screenshot 2018 10 18 14 38 36 Screenshot 2018 10 18 14 38 32

C

Chooglin

I honestly don't remember , I believe it was hot/cold roll. It was some tubing I had laying around. I can get you some pics later on tonight to show how i mounted it , if you need them. You will need to make/buy 4 spacers though.

20180825 111023

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!