DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yea its a rough & slow ride. I haven't been to the ovens in 15 yrs but I'm fully aware of the private property status. No intentions of intruding on the property. Just be nice to grab some pics.
Understand. I did the same thing last fall. That ridge to the east gives a decent view without getting on the actual property.

PJon

PJon

Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea I want to get to the Coke Ovens before it gets to hot. Where are you staging from, Florence?
The only time we went in there was from the boulders are off Cochran Rd. The river was less than 6” deep and the dust on the other side was horrible. The first time we saw them we staged off of 177 at Battle Axe Rd. Then south to Walnut canyon, across White Canyon and SE to the river and worked our way west to the overlook. You might also go to Cochran and if the river is low enough, just walk in. I’m still not sure of ownership. Gaia shown the actual site in U.S. bureau of reclamation, but may be leased for grazing.

Y

Yomama101

Feb 6, 2022
Mesa AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
The only time we went in there was from the boulders are off Cochran Rd. The river was less than 6” deep and the dust on the other side was horrible. The first time we saw them we staged off of 177 at Battle Axe Rd. Then south to Walnut canyon, across White Canyon and SE to the river and worked our way west to the overlook. You might also go to Cochran and if the river is low enough, just walk in. I’m still not sure of ownership. Gaia shown the actual site in U.S. bureau of reclamation, but may be leased for grazing.
Thanks for the info. Yea we staged off HWY 60 and it's a ways. Last time I visited the Coke Ovens I was on a Kawasaki KDX 220 and we made good time.

Reactions: DG Rider and FJC 79
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for the info. Yea we staged off HWY 60 and it's a ways. Last time I visited the Coke Ovens I was on a Kawasaki KDX 220 and we made good time.
Here is a link for water flow levels just upstream at kelvin...

Reactions: FJC 79
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!