Maybe a Pioneer 700

D

Dressmovich

Jan 29, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hello, I'm Dressmovich

Shopping for my first SxS......I'm most serious about the 700 4 Deluxe. I'm a conservative rider with teen daughters.

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : No
I have owned, or currently own the following: ATV
My off-road experience level is: Ez-Rider
My favorite place to ride is: Wherever they let me

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Hum... I was in that same position about 4 years ago and owned a 700-4. The 700 has a strong following and well-known to be robust. My question/concern would be how long do you anticipate people sitting in the back on trail rides? Reason for asking and this is my opinion/experience, the rear seats are more like jump seats for a quick ride (this is how I primarily used mine) vs. purpose build seats with a bit more room/comfort; one time we went on a couple hour ride and that really pushed the limit of comfort, again that was our experience. Also, I do not like how dirty rear seats get when down (dust, mud, etc.) so when you ride around with them down for an expended period of time, and you flip them up, then you better have a towel to clean them off. Please know, I do not see this as a reason not to buy one, but rather, the limitations/experiences of owning one previously.

Reactions: sharp
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
if you are thinking about seriously using the back seats for an all day ride....Dont. Im pretty sure its the same design from the 1936 ford rumble seat with less leg room.

D

Dressmovich

Jan 29, 2019
Maryland
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I appreciate the opinions, a 700 will fit on my current trailer, 5x10,where a Teryx would not. I have a limit to how much I'm willing to spend. A couple times a year I may need a back seat for a full day ride, but it won't be me sitting back there.

Gunslingertom

Gunslingertom

Nov 25, 2018
SW Missouri Ozarks
Ownership

1. 700-2
I appreciate the opinions, a 700 will fit on my current trailer, 5x10,where a Teryx would not. I have a limit to how much I'm willing to spend. A couple times a year I may need a back seat for a full day ride, but it won't be me sitting back there.
If your trailer is exactly 5 feet from rail to rail, like mine is, the front tires on the 700 will rub a little.

Reactions: swsebek
gch1911

gch1911

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 700-2
welcome from south central nebraska

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well honestly the 700 is a great machine. My only issue was I wanted more power so moved up. Fox shocks helped it tremendously for comfort.
I’ve heard it both ways where it was super cramped and others say pretty cozy. I guess that depends on you and the passengers. For us we were just excited to be out and enjoying things so everyone enjoyed it same as the 1000. I sat back there several times for hours on end and just kicked back and enjoyed the ride. Maybe a little cramped but it’s much better then sitting at home watching tv. With teenage girls just make it about them when along for the ride, add some tunes so they can listen to their stuff, add usb so phones stay charged and bring snacks and you’ll probably have a great time.
Btw welcome to the site.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Welcome from west Georgia

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from pa

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!