Measured wheelbase on pioneer 1000 deluxe.

E

Eric37866

Lifetime Member
Nov 28, 2017
Sharps Chapel, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got a pioneer 1000-5 deluxe with the factory rims. Hit a rock kinda hard over the weekend and decided to measure to see if I bent anything. Checked toe in and it's still toed an 1/8 in like it was previously. Still drives the same and steering wheel is still straight and doesnt pull. Measured wheelbase by hanging a tape measure in the edge of the back of the rear wheel and measured up to the rear of the front wheel and got 80 inches exactly on the passenger side and 79 and 7/8 on the driver side, which is the side I hit the rock. Has anyone else measure their wheelbase to see how precise they come from the factory? An 1/8 may be within tolerance. If anyone else has measured let me know if it was the same or off slightly. This was with the wheel straight ahead as it drives straight in this position. I know the correct way is to use a trammel and measure from axle centers but I dont have one. I also rolled it forward and remeasured to take in account of wheel run out if any. Same offset. Just wanting to know if i need to pull the porta power out and tweak that side back or not. Thanks for any responses.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Montecresto
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't worry about an 1/8". Actually, I'm not sure it's possible to measure within an 1/8" off the wheel lip.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
E

Eric37866

Lifetime Member
Nov 28, 2017
Sharps Chapel, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
10-4. If i would have hit something hard enough to bend it would have probably moved it more than that amount. It drives good and hasn't changed the steering wheel position or toe in. These things are tougher than you think. I was sliding down a big rock and it caught on a rock in the bank at a 45 degree downhill angle. My brakes where pretty much locked and it was only moving a couple mph when it hit. Sure was solid though. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
perry

perry

Jun 13, 2016
South Dakota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I hit a hole and bent the top of the shock and the bottom a-arm mess it up bad. Put new a-arm from satv and fox shocks and took it to a front end shop that does know about four wheel drive stuff and had it alined and they said it was close the way I did the alinement and it looked good to go. hope all is good for you.

E

Eric37866

Lifetime Member
Nov 28, 2017
Sharps Chapel, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks bud! All seems to be well so far...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!